Big old '48 Crown Imperial

Ahhh thanks Steve I didn't catch that.
Ok then I should add that for $15k he should at least wash it AND Put the window cranks back on, oh and put some Behold on that dash, wood or plastic. There how's that.
If he wants a pretty penny, I think an hour's worth of cleaning would be a good investment.

But then it wouldn't have original barn dust on it anymore :poke:

The owner lost interest in it many years ago and judging by how the car is presented for sale, I'd say the asking price would be quite negotiable. These C40s are recognized as Full Classics by the Classic Car Club of America, a bit dissapointing to see this particular one languishing in a shed for all those years.

If he wants a pretty penny, I think an hour's worth of cleaning would be a good investment.
Sometimes you can't win in that kind of situation.
People will accuse you of dragging out an old car, cleaning it up, and then selling a polished turd.

Chrysler enginged Facel Vegas were about the last ones with this Kind of artwork. Then came plastic, while I have to admit, some American cars had plastic Wood Panels that looked better to my uneducated eye than genuine Wood.

6c37a71b075a5f8b0bdcac3b45669714.jpg

well an a40 blown hemi gasser , not sure whats the full plans for the 4 dr or cab cut off . my 2dr doors are in need of all the hardware n hinges and window stuff . and they are very rare , only 200 2dr seds known of in the world . i've been a gasser fan since i was a kid building model cars . one of my faves was the a40 drag gasser . still in collecting mode for the right pieces , and time n space to get her done n keep her in .
DSC03449.JPG
DSC09342.JPG
DSC09187.JPG
DSC04701.JPG
DSC04709.JPG
DSC04707.JPG
48 a40 austin devon cutoff.jpg
DSC00350.JPG

Back