Biggest Music Festival in the World - Summerfest

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
If you guys didn't know that the biggest music festival in the world is Summerfest. It is in Milwaukee right on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. It runs from June 27th to July 8th. All of the biggest musical acts in the world will be there. This is the 50th year of Summerfest. I have been to the early ones in the late 60;s and early 70's before I enlisted in the Army. Summerfest has 11 stages with 800 acts and 1,000 performances during the 11 days of the festival. If you are near the area this is the place to be. There is a lot of things to see and do in Milwaukee. The Harley-Davidson Museum, Milwaukee County Zoo, Milwaukee Museum of History, various art museums, the best public parks in the world designed by Frederick Law Olmsted in the late 19th century. Lake Shore Park where the Summerfest grounds are is 138 acres and is just beautiful. The night life is very cool....Water Street area, the 3rd Ward Area, downtown Wisconsin Ave area, Brady Street area.

800px-Lake_park_view_from_stairs_-_milwaukee.jpg

Summerfest 2018 Lineup

https://summerfest.com/2018-lineup/

There's even an app for Summerfest

Official Summerfest 2018 App | Summerfest, The World's Largest Music Festival

If this wasn't worth going to I wouldn't of wasted all this time and effort to post it......

Anybody on FCBO from Wisconsin been here???

I went to one way back in the late 70's, early 80's. Man what a long strange trip that was! I had forgotten all about it until you brought it up. I forget who played. WOW!

If you guys didn't know that the biggest music festival in the world is Summerfest. It is in Milwaukee right on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. It runs from June 27th to July 8th. All of the biggest musical acts in the world will be there. This is the 50th year of Summerfest. I have been to the early ones in the late 60;s and early 70's before I enlisted in the Army. Summerfest has 11 stages with 800 acts and 1,000 performances during the 11 days of the festival. If you are near the area this is the place to be. There is a lot of things to see and do in Milwaukee. The Harley-Davidson Museum, Milwaukee County Zoo, Milwaukee Museum of History, various art museums, the best public parks in the world designed by Frederick Law Olmsted in the late 19th century. Lake Shore Park where the Summerfest grounds are is 138 acres and is just beautiful. The night life is very cool....Water Street area, the 3rd Ward Area, downtown Wisconsin Ave area, Brady Street area.

View attachment 194179

Summerfest 2018 Lineup

https://summerfest.com/2018-lineup/

There's even an app for Summerfest

Official Summerfest 2018 App | Summerfest, The World's Largest Music Festival

If this wasn't worth going to I wouldn't of wasted all this time and effort to post it......

Anybody on FCBO from Wisconsin been here???
I’m in Germantown. Great festival!! Haven’t been there in many years. Last time was when the main stage was right on the lake. Funny thing was they had some guy named Arlo Guthrie on the Main Stage and Chubby Checker was on the Harley stage.Chubby had 10,000 people and did a second show and Arlo might have had 1,000. Should have been switched.Anyway,always amazed at how many people come from all over the world.

Years ago, I remember I went, I remember we had fun and I know we got home safe. That's all I remember. :lol:

BTW, they expect 800,000 to 900,000 people to attend during Summerfest.

I gotta say I’ve not heard of 75% of those acts and I don’t care for crowds but I’d go see Social Distortion and a few others.

I gotta say I’ve not heard of 75% of those acts and I don’t care for crowds but I’d go see Social Distortion and a few others.
For the most part....very friendly people. And great Milwaukee food At the festival. The only time over the years they had any problems was when they had a gangta rappers. They don't book those so much anymore. They have numerous fests there throughout the summer. Polish Fest, German Fest, Bastillo Days, Rainbow Fest, Afro Fest. Afro Fest got way out of control and they stopped doing them. I don't know if they have that one any more. They do have,about 10 different fests every summer at the Summerfest Grounds.

There is also a sky tram that rides about 30-40 feet above the Summerfest Grounds which is very cool and scenic.

My wife wanted to see U2 once in her life and likes Boston. 1200.00 later, we saw U2 and spent the weekend in Boston.
That's about all the big concert I need for .... um .. ever.

Prices are very reasonable at Summerfest. General admission gets you in to most stages. There's 1 or 2 main stages where you have to purchase an additional ticket.

Back