WANTED black OEM rubber floor mats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tom,

Here are the pics showing the size. I'm hoping I can recondition my rear mats and still use them, obviously the fronts are toast.

View attachment 151707
View attachment 151708

Hope this helps. These looked the same as the A-Body mats advertised to me but after looking again, it looks like there are some small differences. Just need the size.
OK, so I finally called Classic Industries about the reproduction mats like the ones in your photo that you measured. While they look the same, they are much smaller. The drivers side is 20 x 25" and the passenger side was something like 18 x 25". Not sure they're going to work.

What the bite is, is that no one else will be able to reproduce them under license because FCA gives a few vendors total control over the licensed aftermarket. Classic Industries being one. If they don't make it, it doesn't get made. Bunch of dumb asses.

And also what sucks is, they used to make them for C-Bodies. Now they don't. We're kind of screwed. I think I'm going to end up getting some B-Body mats and just be done with it. They won't fit perfect, but will be better than what I have in the car now.

That's probably what I'll do when I get to that point if nothing is available and keep looking for NOS. I never thought I'd find a devil heart key chain but I did and I found a 440 68/69 hood ornament for $100 which was a steal so you never know.

The hardest thing is, most people who list them don't really know how to list them very well. There's no definitive search terms for them. C-Body mats comes up with nothing. I never come across anything with the reproduction P part number.

LOL, I use to say part of the fun/challenge of a correct restoration was finding the parts. Lately it's just a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back