Booster Compatibility

Jengel451

Reaction score
EDIT: I stumbled on a thread that didn't pop up in my previous searches: FYI B & C Body Bendix disc brake dual diaphragm boosters compared

67 Fury. Currently have the crappy Midland Ross booster and want a Bendix but as you know, originals are rarer than Hens Teeth.

Question for the masses, will a 66-69 B body Disc Bendix style booster bolt up to the C Body? Looking at the aftermarket units.

Last edited:
Are you using Budd style disc brakes or the '70 - '73 style disc brake set up on your '67?

Wilwood. 15/16 master cylinder. Want more assist. The bore and pedal ratio are spot on, 4 piston fluid capacity to bore displacement is correct as well. Again, just want more assist, and the existing booster is long in the tooth.

Why is a Midland Ross booster “crappy”. They work just fine.
Yes I know they were on drum brakes only,

Why is a Midland Ross booster “crappy”. They work just fine.
Yes I know they were on drum brakes only,
"Crappy" may be a bit aggressive. They don't offer as much assist as the Bendix, quite a bit less actually.

EDIT: I stumbled on a thread that didn't pop up in my previous searches: FYI B & C Body Bendix disc brake dual diaphragm boosters compared

67 Fury. Currently have the crappy Midland Ross booster and want a Bendix but as you know, originals are rarer than Hens Teeth.

Question for the masses, will a 66-69 B body Disc Bendix style booster bolt up to the C Body? Looking at the aftermarket units.
Hi Jengel,
To answer your question about compatibility between B-Body and C-body boosters, I'd call Midwest Booster. I'd also talk to them about rebuilding your Midland unit.
Midwest Power Products, Morris, IL
Another option, that I have not yet tried, but that I have heard good things about
Home
Testing your Midland booster
Bad power brake booster?

Hope this helps, Ben

The B and C body Bendix booster interior rod is different. The booster has to be taken apart-rebuilt while you're at it to change the rod. I think? Otherwise the boosters are the same? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back