Brake Booster Questions

ascari

Reaction score
This is the brake booster on my latest "barn-find" , a -66 New Yorker. It's a bit wheezy. I understand several different types of booster were installed at factory and dealerships, and I'm totally confused.

What type of booster is that? Are replacements available? Rebuilder recommendations? Any help is appreciated!

P1050887.JPG

That's a 67 or later master, 66 still had the single pot. The booster may not be the original, not sure.

Thank you so much for your responses! I guess I will check out having it rebuilt by "Booster Dewey". The prices on the web site seem reasonable.

Somebody told me it looks like a dealership field-installed Kelsey Hayes booster. Anybody knows anything about those?

This is the brake booster on my latest "barn-find" , a -66 New Yorker. It's a bit wheezy. I understand several different types of booster were installed at factory and dealerships, and I'm totally confused.

What type of booster is that? Are replacements available? Rebuilder recommendations? Any help is appreciated!

View attachment 456999

Power Brake Booster Exchange | Providing Parts for Classic Cars (boosterdeweyexchange.com)
I used Steve's service with no issues. He was very helpful with my 4-disc conversion!

I’ve got them doing 2 for me as we speak!:thumbsup:

Back