Brake Calipers

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone here purchased the remanufactured Budd brake calipers (Cardone) from say Summit.
I am thinking of getting a pair to replace my badly pitted ones on my 68 New Yorker
I can re sleeve mine but here in Australia they want $100 per bore, $400 a caliper, that's without pistons and seals.
Are the Cardone ones junk ? what do they do to refurbish them ?
Any information on these Cardone remanufactured ones would be great.
Thanks guys for your help.

Gavin.

Ill just say that the Cardone calipers were the last straw for me and why I machined caliper brackets and went with Wilwood. Im sure others have positive experiences but the ones I bought wouldnt stop leaking. Cardone wouldn't send out new seals. They wanted the caliper back and they'd either fix it or replace it. With everything I went through with the BUDDs I had it and moved on with my life.

Correct, don't waste your time and money on the Cardone remans. Either buy the rebuild kits and do it yourself and just see if you get lucky and they last a while, or have them sleeved.

It's a shame that Stainless Steel Brakes doesn't do them anymore. They had them in stock and it was such a simple thing to get a good set of calipers if you had Budds.

Jeff

@Gavin Jeffrey here's some pics of the brakes on the 68 new Yorker.

20200629_123607.jpg

20200629_123613.jpg

20200629_123633.jpg

Screenshot_20200706-121940_Gallery.jpg

Back