Brake help?

Well, there are some tool companies that have equivalents of the GM Tech II, not to forget that you can subscribe to TSBs and such via ACDelco sources. IF the shop wants to pay the yearly subscription, they can have all of the GM info themselves.

The one area where the OEMs have resisted releasing all repair/program information is on the anti-theft systems. Like the local muffler shop has any business doing that sort of thing, for example. But MUCH is known about these things in later years. Seems like Chrysler has had some issues in this area over the past several years? Vehicle thefts relating to hacking the systems?

When ABS first came out, it was on the HD trucks. OTR trucks, that is. There were many negative (make that STRONGLY negative) words about "computer brakes" that were originally mandated, then un-mandated after all of the uproars. THEN, they drifted down to mere cars.

I was a the Dallas Grand Prix back in the '80s. I was walking through the pits, in the Corvette area, as one guy was talking about driving his new Corvette in the snow. He said it drove people crazy that he was driving so fast, compared to some. But he said that with ABS, he could drive more normal and allow a bit more length to stop, letting the ABS to all of the work. That wide, segmented Gatorback tread probably helped some too. I thought that was neat and smiled.

I was watching some vids on the 2019 F-150 earlier this evening. More "tech" in that truck than ever before. Beneficial tech, usually. Cameras, sensors, and such. No wonder the Owner's Manual is over 600 pages! And Dodge and GM is right there with them, typically! GM has had voice controls for the radio for several years now. ALL transitioning into the self-driving vehicle realm of things more than we think!

In some respects, GM has sought to become the tech leader. Lots of their higher-line vehicles had more programmable tech in them than you might suspect. Almost everything has had WiFi connectivity in them (for up to 12 devices!) for several years now. The trailer towing function on the new pickups is amazing, as it can be programmed for multiple trailers' attributes. Plus the rear-view cameras for such. GM, Ford, Ram each have their own strong points in this area. The amount of "tech" is growing at a fast pace, so it's going to be "worse" in the future, which only makes the vehicles more expensive.

CBODY67

Last edited:
Problem solved by comparing with old one. The brand new one had the concave side of the piston facing in. Reversed it, bled system and pedal is now tight.

Back