Brake hose 1967 VIP Fury

moparmuscle68

Reaction score
Got 2 new flex hoses for the Fury new Raybestos BH36611. They are two short it seems. Car on stands wheel off the hose just will not flush fit the factory line brace on the frame. Line outside diameter not near as big as old one. Inside looks the same as size but to make it fit you have to pull it way too much and the inside has to almost close. Turning the wheel side to side almost has to close it. Anyone faced this? Any brake hose better ?

I can look it up for you in a little while --- and tell you definitively what the factory listed length is --- and give you that length or longer, as needed or required....
Craig....

moparmuscle68,
According to the old E I S catalog (out of business ) , but they always were “ The Gospel “ , your listing is
S P 3867 which is a 7/16” male thread to thread into the Front Wheel Cylinders, 3/8 “ female for 3/16” steel brake lines in the rear, and 13 7/8 “ overall length….
I can give you 13 7/8” , 14 “ , 14 1/2”, 15 1/2 “ & 18 “ with those specifications….
P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested…..

Yours, Craig…..

Hope it goes well — I am here if you need me —- I have bailed hundreds of people out, with just go longer and no issues….
Yours, Craig…..

My issues with front hoses was a bit different. First and most important, is that the older ones had long metal extension to allow you to access the hex to tighten. The new ones had no extension, and here, it is tight fit to the knuckle. Second, was mine were also short looking and tight, but remember one thing, when you jack the car and extent the wheel and knuckle, it will be tighter. I did adjust my fixed bracket on one side that allowed a bit more room.

Back