Brake Lights Stopped Working-77 New Yorker

My guess is that it is the connection between the Key-In Buzzer Wire, Headlamp On Wire, and Stop pink wire, since, the headlights and Key-In Buzzer works, but the stoplights do not. Any ideas?
Thanks,
77newyorker440

Brake Light Switch Map.jpg

I'm guessing your cruise control doesn't work if your brake light circuit is not intact. I wonder if the issue is not in the turn signal switch since that circuit runs through it. I remember when my turn signal switch was not cancelling properly, I would not have a brake light on that side unless I manually wiggled the turn signal lever back and forth. Since you already replaced the brake light switch you probably need to dig into the turn signal switch.

It would not be the first time I have seen a wire harness junction go bad. Here is what I would do, get a length of wire, maybe three foot long, crimp a female end on it, and connect it to the brake light switch. Next carefully hold the other end to the fuse in the fusebox and step on the pedal to see if they work. No they don't, you have to look somewhere else. Yes they do, (and this is the fun part), open the harness until you find the splice and repair.

Back