broadcast sheet 66 T&C

Regarding wheels - This was my dad's car that we've had in the family since '71. When I took it out of the garage after having been stored for 20 years it needed new tires. The front had H78/14 Bias-Ply's and the rears had new P225/75/14's. I liked the size of the H78's and thought the P225's looked too small for the car. Since the H78's were pretty much non existent or too costly if you could find them I upgraded to 15" wheels so I could get the similar size tires as the H78's. I also upgraded to 15" because I wanted to do the front disc conversion and needed 15" rims anyway to accommodate them.

The first photo attached is Blue's first sight of daylight after 20 years in storage.
The 2nd & 3rd photos are of the H78's and P225's and as you can see there was a Big difference! The main difference is the space between the rim lip and the white wall.

View attachment 163650

View attachment 163651

View attachment 163652
What options are on the car?

Regarding wheels - This was my dad's car that we've had in the family since '71. When I took it out of the garage after having been stored for 20 years it needed new tires. The front had H78/14 Bias-Ply's and the rears had new P225/75/14's. I liked the size of the H78's and thought the P225's looked too small for the car. Since the H78's were pretty much non existent or too costly if you could find them I upgraded to 15" wheels so I could get the similar size tires as the H78's. I also upgraded to 15" because I wanted to do the front disc conversion and needed 15" rims anyway to accommodate them.

The first photo attached is Blue's first sight of daylight after 20 years in storage.
The 2nd & 3rd photos are of the H78's and P225's and as you can see there was a Big difference! The main difference is the space between the rim lip and the white wall.

View attachment 163650

View attachment 163651

View attachment 163652
The 15inch wheels, I'm not sure what kind they are, look great! A big improvement over the 14 inch hubcaps in my opinion. The car is really nice. I would love to know whats involved in the disc brake conversion. We take our 66 T&C to the Blue Ridge Mountains alot and the drum brakes are a little scary coming down the mountain. I have 15 inch magnum 500s on my car already so hoping they will be sufficient.

What options are on the car?
Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel, Power; Steering, Brakes, Windows, Door Locks, Seat, Bench Seat w/fold down arm rest, 3rd row seat, AC, Roof Rack, Rear Hand Rails & Rear Steps. This is a 383 2-bbl changed over to 4-bbl.

Last edited:
The 15inch wheels, I'm not sure what kind they are, look great! A big improvement over the 14 inch hubcaps in my opinion. The car is really nice. I would love to know whats involved in the disc brake conversion. We take our 66 T&C to the Blue Ridge Mountains alot and the drum brakes are a little scary coming down the mountain. I have 15 inch magnum 500s on my car already so hoping they will be sufficient.

The wheels are Mopar Road Wheels that came on later year Mopars. You're Magnum 500's look great and are more period correct than mine, but heck it was my car and I put what I liked on it. After I did my conversion I wrote up Step by Step instructions for the Drum to Disc Conversion whether you're using '69-'72 spindles or '73 spindles. The doc comes complete with a list of parts you will need and sources to get them from - these were places I sourced my parts from.

Give me your email address and I'd be happy to forward it to you. The preferred is the '73 spindles and I'd suggest you get yourself a set of those.

Back