Broadcast Sheet Discrepancies

Assuming both sheets say the same thing.....
Sheets are identical.
Looking at white books....
What's a white book? Galen's? Did he do one for broadcast sheets?
Tires - U58 = L78x15 WSW per 1970 Chrysler basic Car and options price Guide
No typos on my end with 73-TX9-23.(both sheets)
Wheel cover box=12 (both sheets)
SPD = 603(both sheets)
I post sequence number below. I think that they are the same...
Let me know what you think, this has been fun.
New Yorker Broadcast Sheet (Medium).JPG
NYER Broadcast Sheet left seat0001.JPG

Sheets are identical.

What's a white book? Galen's? Did he do one for broadcast sheets?
Tires - U58 = L78x15 WSW per 1970 Chrysler basic Car and options price Guide
No typos on my end with 73-TX9-23.(both sheets)
Wheel cover box=12 (both sheets)
SPD = 603(both sheets)
I post sequence number below. I think that they are the same...
Let me know what you think, this has been fun. View attachment 141940 View attachment 141941

Yes, I'm looking at books Galen has published. No, he has not done one on broadcast sheets.

I was allowing for the fact there could be a typo in Galens book. Or, possibly code 73 was used later in the year.

WHEEL COVER 12 indicates PN 3461012; 15 inch C body trim ring. If you were looking, for or just wanted, confirmation on the styled ( ok, I'll cave...Road) wheels, I think you just found it.

Thanks for the pic of the SEQUENCE number. Station D at Jefferson must have been the trim area as you found these sheets in the seats. The sheets are, obviously, from two separate printers making me wonder how many printers were in that area. Comparing other sheets from 70 Jefferson would give us insight as to how they used their sequence number. I'm guessing they were sequential like the Hamtramck plant.

This has been informative. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
WHEEL COVER 12 indicates PN 3461012; 15 inch C body trim ring. If you were looking, for or just wanted, confirmation on the styled ( ok, I'll cave...Road) wheels, I think you just found it.

Thanks for the pic of the SEQUENCE number. Station D at Jefferson must have been the trim area as you found these sheets in the seats. The sheets are, obviously, from two separate printers making me wonder how many printers were in that area. Comparing other sheets from 70 Jefferson would give us insight as to how they used their sequence number. I'm guessing they were sequential like the Hamtramck plant.

This has been informative. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the help!!!! I have not yet had the time to sit down with the parts book and start looking for the parts numbers pertaining to the wheels. This was the only option I could not conclusively prove was installed at the factory. I got started with this because I wanted to generate a reproduction window sticker and have it reflect the original as closely as possible.
Thanks again
Dave

Thanks for the help!!!! I have not yet had the time to sit down with the parts book and start looking for the parts numbers pertaining to the wheels. This was the only option I could not conclusively prove was installed at the factory. I got started with this because I wanted to generate a reproduction window sticker and have it reflect the original as closely as possible.
Thanks again
Dave

WHEEL codes can be tricky as sometimes they are a part number and sometimes the are an assembly number, I'm guessing, to account for things like caps. The WHEEL COVER is typically a stand alone part number making it easier to determine the actual wheel used.

I got started with this because I wanted to generate a reproduction window sticker and have it reflect the original as closely as possible.(...)Dave
Dave, did you ever get the reproduction sticker done?

Yes. Giant pain in the ***.
Had to research pricing and descriptions.
Found a decent font and messed with sizing.
Gathered copies of stickers for similar era Mopars for examples of placement and spacing of letters and lines, punctuation and symbols.
The little car Mopar people had done a lot of the ground work so I was not starting from total scratch.

Both numbers look like a 3 to me?

Compare the font of the 5 on the uncolored sheet in post #1 to the 5 in post 21.
The printing font used appears to be the same on both sheets.
Meaning, the the left side of the 3 in post 1 comes up higher than the 5. The 3 has a different curve than the 5.

Back