Broadcast Sheet Discrepancies

70NEWYORKER

Reaction score
I found my cars broadcast sheet under the rear seat cushion back in '89. It's the blue and gray photo. It shows a wheel/cover code of W25 (deep dish hubcap). A couple days ago I did some more exploring and found another build sheet tucked in the springs under the right front seat. It's the blue and yellow pic. It clearly shows a wheel code of W23 (Chrome Road Wheels). Both sheets have my VIN clearly visible on them so this is not a case of anther cars sheet being in mine. When I got the car it had two road wheels mounted in the front and steelies with snow tires out back.

New Yorker Broadcast Sheet (Medium).JPG

NYER Broadcast Sheet left seat0001.JPG

Maybe one sheet was for the guy putting on the front wheels and the other for the guy putting on the back wheels.

Best guess... look at the top of the sheets to see if they are for the same model year (I.e. one is a 69 sheet and one is a 70). Is the format of both sheets exactly the same or are the rows, and therefore placement of the codes on the sheet, different?

Last edited:
and are they both for your car, sometimes cars end up with sheets to other cars in them.

Alan

Is this a 1970 you are talking about?
Yes, my New Yorker.

Best guess... look at the top of the sheets to see if they are for the same model year (I.e. one is a 69 sheet and one is a 70). Is the format of both sheets exactly the same or are the rows, and therefore placement of the codes on the sheet, different?
Both sheet are "F Series 1970". layouts are the same, only coloring is different.

Maybe one sheet was for the guy putting on the front wheels and the other for the guy putting on the back wheels.
:rofl:

Starting back in '91 I spent two and a half years tracking down parts to replace the two missing road wheels.....I'm not pulling two off when I'm finally invited to the " Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance".

[QUOTE="70NEWYORKER,
I'm not pulling two off when I'm finally invited to the " Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance".[/QUOTE]

You have been invited....? Congradulations. That's quite an honor, you must have a very special car.
Our 300 was invited to the Concours d'Elegance of America in Michigan a few years back. What a great experience that was

bluefury361,
I've never been asked to any event such as those. It was an attempt at a bit of self deprecating humor.In most cases the only thing I"m invited to do is leave!
I have been to some of the high level events as a spectator and have been amazed at the quality workmanship that goes into the vehicles. It always gives me a target to strive for in my work.

This issue will neither win you a show or loose you a show, so its your choice.

Discrepancies and errors on broadcast sheets are nothing new, some have different build dates on them.

W25 on My CHP car is for HD Stamped Wheels, heavy duty fleet wheels also used on wagons.

Up in the build area on the sheet are codes for the wheels and covers (Line 4 on a 69 sheet).
On mine the Wheel Code is 24X7 not sure but car has 15x6 HD wheels in Black (body black not satin)
and the Wheel Cover code is 89 (Dog Dish)

Alan

Could it have been a sales bank car that became a sold unit with a modification while in production, like if I went to a dealer and they said there's one available that's very close to what you want, then I say OK, as long as I get this or that option?

Could it have been a sales bank car that became a sold unit with a modification while in production,
I can't say whether or not that's possible.It's a good idea but both sheets show the same Y codes.
Y05-Build for USA
Y14-Sold Car
This W code thing is the only differences between the two sheets.

My main question was about the differing codes. The wheels are staying on! They really make the look of the car.

Ok.

Line 4 about 2/3 of the way from the left....what does it say on both sheets under WHEELS? Be specific. I.e. The W23 sheet shows.....the W25 sheet shows.....

Line 2 what are the codes for TIRES? Be specific.

Personal curiosity....what is the seven digit number under SEQUENCE on both sheets?

Line 2 - Tires - U58
Line 4 - Wheels-
Road - Color - Spare
73 - TX9 - 23
What's behind your curiosity about the S.O Number?
Both sheets have the sames S.O. number.

Line 2 - Tires - U58
Line 4 - Wheels-
Road - Color - Spare
73 - TX9 - 23
What's behind your curiosity about the S.O Number?
Both sheets have the sames S.O. number.

Assuming both sheets say the same thing....

Looking at white books....

Tires- I don't know
ROAD- book shows code 93 for 70 C body styled wheels. Typo? Mis read? Is there a 12 under the next box WHEEL COVER indicating a trim ring?

My interest in the SEQUENCE number, not the SO or VON, is just me being a BS geek. Different plants did things differently. We are, apparently, proving a theory that the SEQUENCE number on a St. Louis built car is the actual build date of the car so when you compare the SEQUENCE to SPD you can see if the car was built early or late.

Other plants appear to have the SEQUENCE in consecutive order giving you a relative reference to which car was built earlier than another.

I don't know anyone else that does any BS research for C bodies or C body plants plus C body BS don't get shared or displayed like others. People don't get to see C body sheets that often let alone two from the same car. I'm just trying to learn something that might be useful down the road.

It would not be uncommon for two sheets from the same car to have different numbers. I was just curious as to what Jefferson plant did.

Back