Broadcast sheet picture thread

Dang thats unfortunate

Got a good portion of it out and decoded though...
35351D4F-5615-4101-BC3A-F9FBEC09C630.jpeg

1FDBFB9A-CAD2-4D3C-91E4-485BFAAD07EF.jpeg
Old thread, but I’ve been on a broadcast sheet binge. This was the one in the rear seat back of Delmae, my 1971 Polara. Honestly, I was over the moon when I found it (along with a sealed pack of license plate bolts). This brings up a question- where are the common spots for finding them? So far I’ve checked the bottoms of both front and rear seats, the seat back of the rear seat, under the carpet, and behind the glovebox.

Rear seat for Medina, my '71 Monaco.

Front seat for a second broadcast sheet, found while having Medina's front seats reupholstered in May of this year. Here is a photo after unfolding and storing. It looks like an exact copy of the first build sheet found under the rear seat, save for the exclamation point at the bottom (after 1162, below row 11).

IMG_7520.JPG

I do hope people are putting these back in place to preserve the cars history.
Too many times they all get pulled for unknown reasons. If removable, do so, make a copy and return it to its sacred spot.

My originals, found in the bottom of the front and rear seats were pretty brittle. I made copies, put them in those clear display pockets and put them back under. My originals are in a clear display pocket in my file cabinet with my other Polara stuff.

My originals, found in the bottom of the front and rear seats were pretty brittle. I made copies, put them in those clear display pockets and put them back under. My originals are in a clear display pocket in my file cabinet with my other Polara stuff.
:thankyou:

Posting the build sheets here on FCBO serves the same purpose. Assuming the site does not disappear, of course...

My originals are in plastic sheets for protection, together with all of the car's papers (title, receipts, etc.).

Posting the build sheets here on FCBO serves the same purpose. Assuming the site does not disappear, of course...

My originals are in plastic sheets for protection, together with all of the car's papers (title, receipts, etc.).
:bs_flag: This site will not be around forever. Plus there are thousands of body owners who do not use this site .
You drop dead tomorrow and your cars get sold. The history is lost.

Example, the single Rose bowl car with a sheet , ONE sheet had it pulled by the owner. The car has been sold at least once without the sheet and the guy who pulled it has no idea to where it is, nor does he care.
If you care about the car, pull one and leave the others. Make a copy of the sheet, either return the original or the copy back to the place of origin.
Picky? Finicky? Anal? Stupid? Whatever, Thats the cars birth certificate.

Thats the cars birth certificate.[/QUOTE]

:wtf: I'm sorry. No matter what you think, or how you look at it..... Cars are not born, or hatched. They are manufactured! A product of design and engineering.
They do tend to take on personality's though.

Thats the cars birth certificate.

:wtf: I'm sorry. No matter what you think, or how you look at it..... Cars are not born, or hatched. They are manufactured! A product of design and engineering.
They do tend to take on personality's though.
[/QUOTE]

Ef Will, its a figure of speech. :BangHead:

Unfortunately all cars don't care what you do to it, just people care. They are the ones with feeling twords them. I laminated a few of my build sheets and keeps them with the rest of the paperwork.

Please put copies back in the cars.
I've only ever found one build sheet in a 73 duster. I was just a short term care taker of that car. I put 6 back into the car in different locations.

I wish I could find an e body with a build sheet. That's like a dream.
Yal that have found them are quite lucky. The future owners of your cars are begging you to put extra's in the cars.

I picked up another barracuda today, no build sheet. no fender tag. Oh, how I wish there was a build sheet.

I had not thought of putting the broadcast sheet, or a copy, back under the seat of my car. That's a great idea! I've made copies of the broadcast sheet, window sticker, and original dealer invoice, and will put them under the seat for posterity.

Back