Broadcast sheet

300Hconvert

Reaction score
Greetings, would anyone know where I can find the broadcast sheet info using my vin? Thanks!

There are no official places to get a copy of broadcast sheets. There are some websites that middlemen lost sheets that were found in different cars or became separated from the car.

Alan

By observation, broadcast sheets (for Chrysler products, especially C-bodies) are a somewhat "recent" thing, compared to Corvettes and other GM cars in the hobby. Same with "numbers match", too.

But "broadcast sheets" or "production identifiying sheets" have been around for ages. One afternoon, while waiting for my Father to finish talking to some friends at the farm, I was bored and started to look around on the body of our '61 BelAir. I found what appeared to be a sheet of paper with printed codes on it. I tried to ease it out, but it tore, as it was crammed between the fender and cowl, near the lh upr door hinge. It was obviously a broadcast sheet I had found, just didn't know it at the time.

Before they grew in alleged importance, the broadcast sheets were place in the floorboards of the completed cars. I'd usually find them in the rh frt side of New Chryslers at the dealership, when I might be there soon after the cars arrived, when we were getting something done to our Chrysler. I knew what they were and that they were the car's birth certificate of sorts. So ones I thought were interesting, I snagged. Otherwise, they ended up in the trash bin when the cars were cleaned up prior to sale.

The work-around to the Broadcast Sheet would be the Data Plate on the lh inner fender, under the hood. That will supply a lot of basic information. THEN, head over to www.hamtramck-historical.com and look at the Sales Guides for your car. Looking for the standard and optiional equipment information in those guides. Plus the "Color and Trim" guides, too. With those lists, you can see what your car has or does not have, things which were available from the factory. That might fill in most of the gaps, I suspect.

A broadcast sheet might detail the particular option codes on the vehicle, but it will have a lot of other "production code numbers" for individual components which might relate to particular part numbers (the last three digits) or similar, in some cases. But not universally, best I can tell.

In the middle 1960s, there was also the IBM Punchcard for the car, which was usually in the Owners Manual plastic envelope. No way to decode that, back then. Especially in current times as that technology now has miles of dust on top of it.

Seems like that at one time, Chrysier Historical could provide information on particular cars, using the VIN . . . for a fee. Other than some sales literature, I believe the packet could include a broadcast sheet, the punchcard, too. One guy I suggested he try that service, for his 1966 NY, ended up with a photocopy of the broadcast sheet, which he could barely read, at best. He was not happy as the print was so dim. Soooo, what you get might not be a perfect copy, by observation.

So, the default mode can be the Data Plate combined with the Hamtramck Historical information.

The many Broadcast Sheet De-code websites can offer variable information as the de-codes can be model year specific in nature. Some even carline-platform specific. So it usually was not "one size fits all", especially by the time the middle 1960s rolled around with their plethora of "build it your way" orientations. More over-lap with fewer body platforms and build variations, in those earlier times, I suspect.

One observed thing about the 1974+ or so broadcast sheets, other than more intense color on the front side, was a list of ALL of the option codes on the backside of the sheet!!! Still needed the Order Guide to decipher the option code groups (what was in them) for the particular model and trim level of the vehicle, though.

Our local dealer usually ordered "mid-line cars", meaning normal optional equipment configurations for normal people. No "factory hot rods" unless they were special-ordered or he had to order one to maintain allocations. He did get ONE '69 Road Runner as it had a "troublesome Holley 4bbl" on it. They liked the more trouble-free Carter 4bbls. But as Holleys came on many NYs as standard equipment, no way to get away from them on those cars. Some of which were later swapped out for Carter 4bbls at the owner's request. But back then, a NY owner usually traded every few years, so fewer carb issues to deal with . . . or trade before the problems happened. And THEN came ThermoQuads and emissions hardware! FWIW

Hope this might help,
CBODY67

Last edited:
By observation, broadcast sheets (for Chrysler products, especially C-bodies) are a somewhat "recent" thing, compared to Corvettes and other GM cars in the hobby. Same with "numbers match", too.

But "broadcast sheets" or "production identifiying sheets" have been around for ages. One afternoon, while waiting for my Father to finish talking to some friends at the farm, I was bored and started to look around on the body of our '61 BelAir. I found what appeared to be a sheet of paper with printed codes on it. I tried to ease it out, but it tore, as it was crammed between the fender and cowl, near the lh upr door hinge. It was obviously a broadcast sheet I had found, just didn't know it at the time.

Before they grew in alleged importance, the broadcast sheets were place in the floorboards of the completed cars. I'd usually find them in the rh frt side of New Chryslers at the dealership, when I might be there soon after the cars arrived, when we were getting something done to our Chrysler. I knew what they were and that they were the car's birth certificate of sorts. So ones I thought were interesting, I snagged. Otherwise, they ended up in the trash bin when the cars were cleaned up prior to sale.

The work-around to the Broadcast Sheet would be the Data Plate on the lh inner fender, under the hood. That will supply a lot of basic information. THEN, head over to www.hamtramck-historical.com and look at the Sales Guides for your car. Looking for the standard and optiional equipment information in those guides. Plus the "Color and Trim" guides, too. With those lists, you can see what your car has or does not have, things which were available from the factory. That might fill in most of the gaps, I suspect.

A broadcast sheet might detail the particular option codes on the vehicle, but it will have a lot of other "production code numbers" for individual components which might relate to particular part numbers (the last three digits) or similar, in some cases. But not universally, best I can tell.

In the middle 1960s, there was also the IBM Punchcard for the car, which was usually in the Owners Manual plastic envelope. No way to decode that, back then. Especially in current times as that technology now has miles of dust on top of it.

Seems like that at one time, Chrysier Historical could provide information on particular cars, using the VIN . . . for a fee. Other than some sales literature, I believe the packet could include a broadcast sheet, the punchcard, too. One guy I suggested he try that service, for his 1966 NY, ended up with a photocopy of the broadcast sheet, which he could barely read, at best. He was not happy as the print was so dim. Soooo, what you get might not be a perfect copy, by observation.

So, the default mode can be the Data Plate combined with the Hamtramck Historical information.

The many Broadcast Sheet De-code websites can offer variable information as the de-codes can be model year specific in nature. Some even carline-platform specific. So it usually was not "one size fits all", especially by the time the middle 1960s rolled around with their plethora of "build it your way" orientations. More over-lap with fewer body platforms and build variations, in those earlier times, I suspect.

One observed thing about the 1974+ or so broadcast sheets, other than more intense color on the front side, was a list of ALL of the option codes on the backside of the sheet!!! Still needed the Order Guide to decipher the option code groups (what was in them) for the particular model and trim level of the vehicle, though.

Our local dealer usually ordered "mid-line cars", meaning normal optional equipment configurations for normal people. No "factory hot rods" unless they were special-ordered or he had to order one to maintain allocations. He did get ONE '69 Road Runner as it had a "troublesome Holley 4bbl" on it. They liked the more trouble-free Carter 4bbls. But as Holleys came on many NYs as standard equipment, no way to get away from them on those cars. Some of which were later swapped out for Carter 4bbls at the owner's request. But back then, a NY owner usually traded every few years, so fewer carb issues to deal with . . . or trade before the problems happened. And THEN came ThermoQuads and emissions hardware! FWIW

Hope this might help,
CBODY67
Thanks!!

Good evening, it is CM27TOC
Thank you for responding. Here is a thread on the 1970 Chrysler 300 'vert that I bought a couple of years ago from the first owner.

Would love to see photos of your 300 'vert. If you could post the fender tag (2x3 metal rectangle stamped on the radiator support, showing all the car's options), that would be great!

PS: you are based in Illinois, so I hope to meet you at the 7th C-Body show that @sixpkrt is organizing in Volo on the last Saturday of June.

Thank you for responding. Here is a thread on the 1970 Chrysler 300 'vert that I bought a couple of years ago from the first owner.

Would love to see photos of your 300 'vert. If you could post the fender tag (2x3 metal rectangle stamped on the radiator support, showing all the car's options), that would be great!

PS: you are based in Illinois, so I hope to meet you at the 7th C-Body show that @sixpkrt is organizing in Volo on the last Saturday of June.
Good evening ayilar:, Thank You for the info. I will post or send pictures of the 300. It is a knock off of the Hurst 300 convert from 1970. Where the parts came from is a long story but it has been done very well. Only draw back is it has black interior and the rear wing is different but nice. Thanks!

Hope this might help,
CBODY67
Good evening, This is a great help. Thank You!!

A picture of the fender tag belonging to the car we're talking about would make this thread less theoretical.

It is a knock off of the Hurst 300 convert from 1970. Where the parts came from is a long story but it has been done very well. Only draw back is it has black interior and the rear wing is different but nice. Thanks!
A picture of the fender tag belonging to the car we're talking about would make this thread less theoretical.

From @300Hconvert 's description, I think I know the car. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that she is CM27T0C106747 -- in which case, her tag (and links to more info about the car) is here

@300Hconvert -- I really hope that you make it to Volo, so that I can see the car! Most years there is at least one 1970 Chrysler 'vert at the show, and @david hill is a regular who brings his amazing 1969 300 TNT 'vert

Here are a few pictures of the 300

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500.jpg

From @300Hconvert 's description, I think I know the car. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that she is CM27T0C106747 -- in which case, her tag (and links to more info about the car) is here

@300Hconvert -- I really hope that you make it to Volo, so that I can see the car! Most years there is at least one 1970 Chrysler 'vert at the show, and @david hill is a regular who brings his amazing 1969 300 TNT 'vert
It sure is!

Thank's for the link. Looks like I have a mess on my hands with this car but will get it cleaned up. We are hoping to make Volo. Thanks again!

Back