Burnt out ammeter

you need to make that a for real bad *** connection splice and not just twist wire and electrical tape. you are standing at the point that is the flaming burning melting death of MANY old mopars.

this is no farting around territory here.

go find nachoRT mad ammeter bypass its here somewhere.

try not to die in a dash fire -

- saylor

Appreciate your concerns there, I did re-wire it, that was just to get it of the street. In the meantime I have the fire department on speed dial.

Stupid question for you guys, I have a gauge pod already hooked up for oil pressure and temp. I never hooked up the charging gauge. Can I just run the black and red to the AFTERMARKET gauge?

is the new gauge a volts or amps?

they hook up different. follow the voltmeter gauge instructions and leave the red / black wire you spliced alone. and wrap it again. then wrap it one more time. then dont look at it.

if its another ammerter, why?

try not to die -

- saylor

It's a cheap harbor freight 3 gauge pod. I am going to do the bypass as recommended. Since my ammeter melted, i have to keep the red& black securely connected under dash. I will then hook up the new amp meter. The other problem was the 3 prong connector melted that plugs in by the red/black post on ammeter. So i jumped a power wire from fuse to middle ( gauge feed) prong, then ju.ped and soldered taped crimped a jumper between the other 2 prongs to get interior lights and fuel gauge powered. I cant stress enough how much I appreciate everybodies help

Back