Buttons, Switches & Bezels

Rosetti

Reaction score
Question: I can do bodywork, mechanical work, and electrical work. I sub out upholstery. But what do I do about the switches & buttons on dashboards & armrests as well as the trim/bezels that go around those components? I see TV shows where the buttons and switches look BRAND NEW! Do I send them out to get refinished?, or is there a way to find new ones? I mean, for Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelles, etc., I'm sure there are aftermarket buttons and switches, but what do I do if I have a less popular car (IE 1967 Plymouth Fury III 4-door hardtop? Can anyone help?

Brent Ball and family do rebuild switches and complete dashes.
They do excelkent work and highly recommend them.
2 Other options:
Find NOS switches. Keep in mind the headlight and wiper switches are 1 year only based on part number.

Typically the togle switches tend to hold up well except the chrome plating. If you are lucky, removing tge switches and give a good cleaning works out.
Welcome — Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services

Last edited:
That's Mr. Heaterbox isin't it? Would they (and other dashboard / instrument panel restorers) have better luck with early 70's and later cars, vs say '67 because of the chrome (or lack thereof)? Does anyone re-chrome plastic anymore?

Has anyone here ever had any dealings with, work done by, or any sort of connections with RM Restoration in Chatham?

Last edited:
@Rosetti — I see that you’re in Canada, so @cbarge may be right on (he knows c-bodies inside out and I trust his advice 200%).

In the States, like many others, I have used the services of member @Devinism — he’s fast, good, and fair.

Brent Ball and family do rebuild switches and complete dashes.
They do excelkent work and highly recommend them.
2 Other options:
Find NOS switches. Keep in mind the headlight and wiper switches are 1 year only based on part number.

Typically the togle switches tend to hold up well except the chrome plating. If you are lucky, removing tge switches and give a good cleaning works out.
Welcome — Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services
Thank you SOOOOO much. I'm going to give them a call ASAP. I'm so glad I joined this forum. This community is wonderful!

Back