c bodies 65 through 72 clutch peddle parts build

i'm going out on t the limb on this .
God Bless You.

FWIW, there's dies for this hump already out there. See if you can follow this. It's kinda murky.
Aprox. 15 years ago, Scott Harm in Seatle(?) was selling new humps. I bought one. The quality was perfect. They were being stamped down in South America.
After years of being unable to unload them, Scott gave up and RestoRick started selling them. Again, (like Scott) there still was no demand for them so he, too, stopped selling them.

I betcha those dies are still sitting on someone's shelf.
"Follow the money..." :lol:

@commando1 was he making just humps ? or a retro kit ?
A guy in South America was pounding the humps out. Scott Harm was getting them from him. As far as Restorick, I don't know whether Rick continued getting them from South America or he took Scott Harm's leftovers.

Scott Harm knows who the guy in South America was.
Contact

Last edited:
@commando1 was he making just humps ? or a retro kit ?
Just the humps. Works of art, too. Very nice heavy stampings.

Actual picture:

65-68cbody-4-speed-humps-jpg.jpg

well the rest of the stuff will be reproduced to make it more appealing for those who want to convert or up grade . rather then having to go looking for the parts to complete the task . there are less n less cars out there to get all the parts from .

well the rest of the stuff will be reproduced to make it more appealing for those who want to convert or up grade
I think it's a damn shame there is no hump currently available
Over the years, a hundred knuckleheads come on the forum and say they're gonna do a 4 spd conversion and ask how to do it. :rolleyes:
And they all always say they can't fund a C-body hump.
I keep telling them where to find the humps but then they disappear because these guys never go through with the project.
And that's why Scott and Rick gave up trying to sell them. Nobody really bought them.
So, with this info, where do you want to go with th hump? I'd first try to track down the dies.
Personally, I would first give Rick a call and ask him where did he source them? Leftovers from Scott or from South America. Then take it from there.

Unfortunately, I don't see you selling more 10 humps over several years. Everybody says they are gonna do a conversion but they're just flapping their lips. The humps were for sale at 250 bucks (a very fair price, in my opinion, but there were the morons who complained that 250 was outrageous and would make their own. Of course they never did just like the rest.

Last edited:
I myself am very interested in the under dash pedal parts. Mine is a 71 Fury and is currently an automatic, 69-72 clutch pedals are very rare and I have found a few others looking for them. My project plans would need to replace the auto brake pedal as well.

My project is a big block that I would like to put a T56 Magnum 6 speed in it but I would have to fab up the mount and tunnel. I would be using a hydraulic clutch and would not need much else as I would have to modify the firewall anyways. I did buy pedals for a 68 C Body with manual brakes and was trying to adapt them but have not yet. They are completely different.

'69 - '71 vs. '65 - '68 clutch pedals: Definitely different? Bought a non-power manual pedal set whilst in the States last month, removed it from a '65 Fury III. I realise that the firewalls are somewhat different between these 2 eras, but wasn't 100% sure if the pedal set was also different. How so then - orientation, shape, length? Would be great to see comparison photos of the 2 sets side by side.

@Aidan1976 , if its the peddle arm or just the bracket , i'm still on this build , and @commando1 i'm going to get with rick to see whats left from those humps . but we have been all ready asked about using my c body setup . by a gent that builds a,b,e body setups currently . but its off shore . i'll not into that . they with be built from raw stock here in the united states , i'm not slamming you aidan , just so f.......n tired of import crap . did i say i'm going to make the steering column 4spd collar and the push bar peddle to z bar as well . i'm trying to make these parts to finish off the conversion or replacement .

well i'm going to build clutch peddles and hanger brackers , as well as floor humps and of course that special z bar and frame mounting bracket . using 66 parts supplied . i'm just thinking of how many to build . these parts are to be made here in the united states of america . keeping the work force here working . and steel from here as well . going to make it as strong if not stronger that oem parts . so i'm looking for members that would like some of this stuff to convert or replace the setup they have . please feel free to climb on in on the discussion . and let me know of your wants . thanks pm
Hi ,
I'm interested if some of these parts. I want to covert my 1970 Fury to 6 speed and need clutch peddles, floor hump and hangers. Are these available yet? Let me know.
Thanks,Tom

I think it's a damn shame there is no hump currently available
Over the years, a hundred knuckleheads come on the forum and say they're gonna do a 4 spd conversion and ask how to do it. :rolleyes:
And they all always say they can't fund a C-body hump.
I keep telling them where to find the humps but then they disappear because these guys never go through with the project.
And that's why Scott and Rick gave up trying to sell them. Nobody really bought them.
So, with this info, where do you want to go with th hump? I'd first try to track down the dies.
Personally, I would first give Rick a call and ask him where did he source them? Leftovers from Scott or from South America. Then take it from there.

Unfortunately, I don't see you selling more 10 humps over several years. Everybody says they are gonna do a conversion but they're just flapping their lips. The humps were for sale at 250 bucks (a very fair price, in my opinion, but there were the morons who complained that 250 was outrageous and would make their own. Of course they never did just like the rest.
I can tell you who wants one....

See where I'm going with this?
Everybody says sign me up but they're putting the cart before the horse.
When you show them the right hitching order, the urgency for that hump dissappears.

See where I'm going with this?
Everybody says sign me up but they're putting the cart before the horse.
When you show them the right hitching order, the urgency for that hump dissappears.

Isn't that the way with all reproduction C-body parts?

Back