C-bodies At The Lake (CATL): A caravan from Rockford to Milwaukee, Sept. 7

Well folks, the gathering has started. Here are three Monacos out on the town this Friday evening: @LocuMob’s 1968 made it all the way from Wisconsin to Rockford, joining @71Polara383´s Monacucamonga and Medina.

479CADAA-41BF-41DD-AA3D-EBB3EAD3C470.jpeg

4CC89603-0E8E-43BD-BA9A-3BBA7608BF80.jpeg

D5504137-DD84-4C1B-9A94-099BAFD9A45E.jpeg

I'll be heading out soon to meet up with yous guys.
Will stop by Xenons on the way North to check on that 67 Imp and S the S for a few, before crossing into WI.
Safe driving guys....:steering:

Have fun, see you all on Sunday at the Car-b-que
Cool! :thumbsup: That's a nice drive from where you're coming from.
I know of a few additional members are a little more local than you BLIMP. Hope they can make it too.

Final preps before departure!

123424ED-12CE-4BC1-9F52-E28E8BE000CB.jpeg

B50557D4-D0D0-4C7B-925C-C08F38661FB1.jpeg

Last edited:
Big Foot Inn! Tim, we are running about 20’ late.

8D670736-4E50-4B94-ABC4-9411E630EB6D.jpeg

I just think it is awesome that Monacucamonga is now on the road again. I rescued that car quite a few years ago now from a salvage yard in Virginia just because I was having such a hard time finding a 71 Monaco at all. But I finally did find another one to restore closer to what I was looking for in terms of a power train. So I was ecstatic that Wyatt was interested in the car to rescue it given he has the right skills to do the job. Excellent Wyatt to see it cruising the roads where it belongs!!! :thankyou:

I just think it is awesome that Monacucamonga is now on the road again. I rescued that car quite a few years ago now from a salvage yard in Virginia just because I was having such a hard time finding a 71 Monaco at all. But I finally did find another one to restore closer to what I was looking for in terms of a power train. So I was ecstatic that Wyatt was interested in the car to rescue it given he has the right skills to do the job. Excellent Wyatt to see it cruising the roads where it belongs!!! :thankyou:
The car is just excellent Steve!

I also think about how amazing it is to see two 71 Monacos cruising down the road together in this day and age, both owners know each other well and everyone in the party having a great time. Thats the way it should be. :)

We made it to Georgie Porgie’s and connected with @70 Sport Suburban and his Dad. And then a ‘72 GY4 Imperial showed up!

34A2B4FF-AB20-4FEE-8819-52F39DD8974B.jpeg

39166465-DCE6-4771-95AA-BCFE34F8F78F.jpeg

880B549D-C34A-4D99-B217-AC071108CF51.jpeg

CATL turned out to be a full day of cruising the back roads around WI, having lunch at the Pabts Brewery historic district, going places around Milwaukee and later to the car show in Racine was a fun way to spend a Saturday with some friends.
I met up with everyone in the tiny town of Slades Corners.
CATL entering Slades Corners.jpg

Only waited a short time until the caravan showed up....
CATL Waiting in Slades Corners.jpg

CATL all 4 at the auto store.jpg

We weren't on the road for long when I gave @LocuMo a call on his cell to let him know he was about to lose his tire iron.
CATL Ut oh_Tire Iron.jpg

After a quick stop, we were back on the road...
This pic reminds me of 2 cars getting ready to "floor it" as soon a the light changes to green...
CATL Monacos at the red light.jpg

We found a place near the Pabst Brewery district to grab some pics of the cars just before lunch...
CATL parking lot 2.jpg

Back on the road, heading towards Racine to meet up with Manny at the car show at Georgie Porgie's ...
CATL on the highway.jpg

At the car show...
CATL Polara Wgn2.jpg
CATL Polara Wgn1.jpg
CATL the car show 1.jpg

CATL last gas stop2.jpg
CATL last gas stop3.jpg
CATL last gas stop1.jpg
Later on while at Manny's place, while the brake lights on Wyatt's car was getting some attention, I scored the R & L mirrors for my 71 Chrysler. I'm not sure if I'll put the PS mirror on it or not, but in case I do, I'll have it if I change my mind.
CATL Scored 71 Chry R L mirrors.jpg

Here's a couple pics of our C bodies at the Lake...
CATL parked ATL 1.jpg
CATL parked ATL 2.jpg

Back on the road again, heading south..
CATL Heading back 1.jpg
Just before we hit Rt 43 in WI, we stopped one more time for gas and a few more pics...
CATL last gas stop2.jpg

CATL last gas stop3.jpg

CATL last gas stop1.jpg

Right after these pics Wyatt & Michel headed towards Rockford and Scott & I went south back to Illinois.
20 years from now, if we all still know one another, we might be sayin, "Remember to time we drove up to Milwaukee together, and.......".
Days like these are what memories are meant for.

Sorry to have missed this event, especially since this was in my "stomping ground"...but family obligations kept me home - it was our grandson's birthday celebration. 2nd annual cruise - count me in!

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

Back