C bodies in motion thread

Video of a 1970 B7 blue Polara Custom coupe at a show in California month ago. Not my video. Outside view of the car in motion starts at 2:40.

Holiday trip in Estonia. Nice oldschool roads!

IMG_0191.JPG

Driving back from my buddies shop. New tie rods and upper/lower ball joints made a huge difference. Was told I'm going to need both the idler and pitman arms rebuilt.
20181214_122415.jpg

I skipped the motion capture part, but it moved! Got one home, for the time being.

IMG_20190416_122708.jpg

Mercy sakes! How did it do?

It did okay, it has old tires that are crappie and pulls to the right, I had to foot break it for a while, it only started with starting fluid. I forgot to check it hot after I got back. Overall, not too shabby. Steve was right the carb is funky, something's not right. I have a kit I'll try on it, or out a different one on. But it was nice to get it out under it's own power, one step closer to being turn key. Brakes were great, tons of stopping power! I don't think this car would have taken much for me to have driven it home when I bought it.

Last edited:

It did okay, it has old tires that are crappie and pulls to the right, I had to foot break it for a while, it only started with starting fluid. I forgot to check it hot after I got back. Overall, not too shabby. Steve was right the carb is funky, something's not right. I have a kit I'll try on it, or out a different one on. But it was nice to get it out under it's own power, one step closer to being turn key. Brakes were great, tons of stopping power! I don't think this car would have taken much for Mr to have driven it home when I bought it.

Love that car.

It did okay, it has old tires that are crappie and pulls to the right, I had to foot break it for a while, it only started with starting fluid. I forgot to check it hot after I got back. Overall, not too shabby. Steve was right the carb is funky, something's not right. I have a kit I'll try on it, or out a different one on. But it was nice to get it out under it's own power, one step closer to being turn key. Brakes were great, tons of stopping power! I don't think this car would have taken much for Mr to have driven it home when I bought it.

Well, that’s on par with my maiden voyage. Mine ran great, drove terrible, touch me not brakes, but had warped rotors. Oh, and cracked windshield!

Did everyone park their cars? :lol: Probably too busy driving them to stop for a photo!

Just driving around trying to get parts I need. Yoda would say I did not. :wideyed: Going back again today. I had a video driving to the stepsons house, but the song on the radio was copyrighted, so my video was banned. Screw the Eagles! They and Fleetwood Mac are the reason concert tickets are as much as front row sporting event seats. Did I say Screw the Eagles!?!

Indeed -- I was enjoying driving the 'vert too much to take pics this Sunday. Luckily, my rear passenger took a photo from the back seat.

IMG_3192 copy.jpg

Back