C bodies on TV

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
Its been a while since we discussed TV shows and movies featuring C-bodies. For those who have cable or Fios, look for a channel listed as Cozi TV. This is one of those channels that plays alot of old TV shows. I started DVRing a show called Run For Your Life sttarring Ben Gazara. That show ran from 65 through 68. The main character travelled around the world, but the episodes where he was in the US featured both Ford and Chrysler products as the main vehicles. I recently recorded an episode with a yellow 66 Polara 500 convertible that was featured fairly prominantly (while being followed by a 64 Polara convertible). Other C-bodies I've seen on the show included 66 & 67 Chrysler 300 convertibles, 67 Imperial convertibles, 66 Sport Fury convertible, 66 Monaco, 66 VIP and 66 New Yorker, as well as some interesting 66 & 67 Coronets. The episode that recorded today had the main character using his turbine bronze 67 Newport convertible to push start a small town sheriff's 60 Ford police car.

While setting up the DVR to record that show, I noticed one on the same channel called The Name of the Game. I remembered my parents watching this show when I was a kid and I remembered the main character driving a 69 300. I started DVRing this show as well. The first episode I recorded featured a 68 Barracuda convertible very prominantly, the second episode, a 68 Satellite convertible. Every episode since has had C-bodies. One I saw Friday had both a 68 Sport Fury convertible and a 68 Polara convertible. an episode I just watched had a 64 Newport convertible, 68 Newport convertible, 68 Imperial convertible and 69 Polara 4 door hardtop. The episode on now (season 1 episode 5 "Nightmare), has a 68 Imperial 4 door hardtop, 68 Monaco 4 door hardtop, 68 Polara 500 convertible, 68 Town and Country wagon, and 68 Sport Fury convertible, and a 61 Fury. There was a chase scene near the end of this 1 1/2 hour long episode between the blue 68 T&C wagon and the silver 68 Polara 500 convertible. The cars were brand new, but they tore them up in the chase scene crashing them into the sides of each other. I really liked that T&C wagon and the silver with red interior Polara 500 vert was really pretty. I haven't even seen the later episodes yet that had the 69 300.

I believe Marcus Welby MD is also on this channel, and I remember the main characters driving Chrysler 300, Imperials and Challenger convertibles.
So, consider this a heads up notice for those who get the Cozi TV channel who watch old shows more for seeing the cars, when they were new, than anything else.

I think these are shows we haven't discussed for C-body content in the past. So far I think The Name of the Game surpasses all the others for C-body content (even the well known Mopar sponsored shows like Mannix, Beverly Hillbilies, Gomer Pyle USMC, and Brady Bunch).

Last edited:
Sounds good, I may have to check into this. Thanks!

Just saw a TV commercial for Comfortkeepers (in home care for seniors). Theres a nice white 66 Sport Fury in the background in one scene.

If you run across a 2010 film called "Heaven's Rain", you'll see my wife's '78 NYBS in the film in two scenes for about five seconds total. One of the primary characters is driving up to the parking lot of the state prison, so you see it driving, then a break to another principal character, then back to the car parking in a diagonal spot near the prison entrance.\

In the same movie, my '66 Coronet is in the opening scene, where the son and daughter of a minister and his wife, who have just been killed by two drifters in a home invasion/robbery/rape, are escaping the house and are on the way to the police to report the crime. There are two more scenes where the Coronet is in a flashback scene, and another where the father and son are talking about life, and the car. It was a fun four days worth of filming, total.

Back