C body 1970 plastic reproduction Sweden

The problem is that i dont have the washer bottle myself, but if i had i would try

would be great, have been playing with some materials and i think we would be able to make them

The Chrysler 300 front parking light lenses are soon done.
Hope to show some pictures tomorrow.

The Imperials and '69 C-bodies use a different washer bottle than the '70-'73 C-bodies. I think it's #2932830. Anyway, it would be great to see that one re-popped too. How about also re-popping the plastic lower steering column cover with the vent cable provisions for '71-'73 C-body?

The Imperials and '69 C-bodies use a different washer bottle than the '70-'73 C-bodies. I think it's #2932830. Anyway, it would be great to see that one re-popped too. How about also re-popping the plastic lower steering column cover with the vent cable provisions for '71-'73 C-body?
I have one of those column covers.

FWIW, the two hardest to come by plastic interior parts for a 70 300 that I've encountered is the column cover and the glove box door.

Both are shared pieces for the 300H.

The column cover is different from the 71 and does not have the vent cables in them. There are two versions, one with a cutout for the wire channel and one without. That may be the difference between 69 and 70, but I'm not sure on that. The cutout is easy to do.

I do not have spares or I would offer them up if you were interested in making them.

Since we're talking about repop interior pieces for the 70 300.... ABC told me at Carlisle that they would no longer be offering the dash pads for these cars. Too difficult to make correctly.

Ageing of the plastic interior parts seems to be rather problematic with These cars, never experienced that any near this Dimension with any of my European cars.
I've had parts fall apart just over time without even touching.

I'd like to add the side plastic Frames around the rear window of the HT coupe to the list of suggestions.

Ageing of the plastic interior parts seems to be rather problematic with These cars, never experienced that any near this Dimension with any of my European cars.
I've had parts fall apart just over time without even touching.

I'd like to add the side plastic Frames around the rear window of the HT coupe to the list of suggestions.

your european cars never got the same type of heat as many cars in the US.
Plastic parts are way more dryed out compared to most european countries.
You can feel the difference inside the US, too.

A lifelong Minnesota or Michigan car which was mostly garaged can have a great interieur with soft seats, nice doorpanels and non cracked plastic pieces. Just the body is rotten to death often.

If you go to California or Arizona it is the opposite: mostly rustfree sheetmetal but the interieur is dryrotted

I took this already into consideration, still feel there is a Quality difference, material strength is definitely thinner than the average European ones. As you know the 300 Hurst I specifically had in mind only saw 9 years in traffic in the St.Louis Mo. area. Same Thing with washer bottles in the engine compartment that are usually toast with 60s 70s Mopars, never experienced this before.

your european cars never got the same type of heat as many cars in the US.
Plastic parts are way more dryed out compared to most european countries.
You can feel the difference inside the US, too.

A lifelong Minnesota or Michigan car which was mostly garaged can have a great interieur with soft seats, nice doorpanels and non cracked plastic pieces. Just the body is rotten to death often.

If you go to California or Arizona it is the opposite: mostly rustfree sheetmetal but the interieur is dryrotted

Glad to see someone has been listening to me

I took this already into consideration, still feel there is a Quality difference, material strength is definitely thinner than the average European ones. As you know the 300 Hurst I specifically had in mind only saw 9 years in traffic in the St.Louis Mo. area. Same Thing with washer bottles in the engine compartment that are usually toast with 60s 70s Mopars, never experienced this before.

engine heat is a key in the washer bottle story

The guys at Mopar responsible for outsourcing did their job: they optimized the cost vs durability. Basic value engineering stuff. Planned obsolence. Nobody thought somebody would still be driving these cars after 50 years. They had a new model cycle of 2 years, and the second hand ones were probably thought to last only a couple of additional cycles more.

You are in luck. At my prodding and with some of my best take offs, Bob Baker has reproduced those interior C pillar plastic moldings. He gave me his first set off the press. They are very nice reproductions. Should be available soon if not already on his website. He revised the attachment method to reduce any chance of breaking them when taking them off in the future too. They are much more sturdy than the originals as well.

abcmoparts.com

IF someone send me one it should be NO problems. Any pictures ?
column cover.jpg

Back