SOLD C-body HP manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a very nice manifold dated 9/22/70 and was removed by the guy that I bought it from from his '71 Polara St. Clair Shores unmarked police car way back in the day. I bought the matched pair but I'm thinking I'm going to use the right side for my vert as it's nicer than the one I have on it. I also have the 440 intake and dual snorkel air cleaner also removed from the same car. The intake is very nice but the air cleaner is a bit rough. I'll start separate threads for those.
I had to step up for these because of the condition so I'm asking $175 for this one + shipping or I could bring it to the Nats if paid in full.

Thanks!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Very cool looking exhaust manifold.

Unmarked SCS cop car? Anything more to know/see more about that? You might imagine why I'd find that interesting...

Unmarked SCS cop car? Anything more to know/see more about that? You might imagine why I'd find that interesting...
Car is loooong gone unfortunately.

The guy I bought the parts from bought the car from the city in the mid '70s with something like 60 or 70K miles on it and I think he drove it for a few years before it succumbed to rust and was dismantled. That's what I know. The kool thing is that the car left a lasting impression on him that's lasted all these years.

I have images in my head from my youth....17-18 of 71 Polaras in the local yards. Camden city police cars and unmarked cars from unknown origins. In the 80s I never thought to take photos of those sights, not many did

It wasn't as easy to take pics back then and it was costly to print them.

I never thought a VIN was important to write down 45 years ago....

Wish I did now.

It wasn't as easy to take pics back then and it was costly to print them.

I say that frequently. ...

For me it was costly to have photos made, I never had any cash in pocket but like Bob said. We never even thought to do it . I just never realized

My cousin just reminded me that we use to buy film based on film speed.....ISO. Most of us didn't know what ISO even was. I just know we use to buy 200 or 400 if we had the money. 1200 was just too expensive....LOL!

400 and 800 never needed 1200 but youre correct, at 18 I was more concerned about the price, so Kodak or Generic

I always had a camera in the car, either mine or a friends. 200 was my speed of choice, just had to pull stuff out of the garage to take the pic. We'd easily burn up a couple of rolls of film of the cars at shows or on the street. Never thought about it at the junk yard, or while working on the car, didn't want to damage the camera, although I have a few "in progress" pics here and there of my Challengers. It's my '67 Belvedere, and the '63 Polara that I wish I had snapped just one. Sorry Matt, back on topic....

:mob:

I will have this at the Nats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back