C body made in Canada?

While VIN tags riveted to the dashboard (and visible through the windshield) were intorduced with the 1968 model year in the U.S., door jamb stickers were in use in the U.S. since the 1970 model year.

I strongly doubt that cars made in or imported into Canada after 1969 would still get old type metal tags riveted into the door jamb.

Well now, I learned something! Interesting!

I assure you the car wasn't built in Canadia. By '74 Windsor assembly was balls-out producing A-bodies, not spending a gazillion dollars on duplicate tooling and inventory to build a handful of slow-selling C-bodies.

I'd guess a box of the wrong stickers arrived at the US plant. By the time the error was discovered, a bunch of cars were already built and/or shipped, so somebody wrote a letter to Uncle Sam to grant an exception. Or nobody ever noticed.

It would be nice if we could back up these claims with more examples:

door jamb stickers were in use in the U.S. since the 1970 model year.

I strongly doubt that cars made in or imported into Canada after 1969 would still get old type metal tags riveted into the door jamb.

Here door stickers from cars sold in Canada during the 70s would help.

I'd guess a box of the wrong stickers arrived at the US plant. By the time the error was discovered, a bunch of cars were already built and/or shipped, so somebody wrote a letter to Uncle Sam to grant an exception. Or nobody ever noticed.

In that case there should be more cars originally sold in the US with a door sticker stating "Made in Canada".

I don’t have anything to add except door stickers were first used on 69 Daytonas meaning they were used before the 1970 MY.

I just pulled the record:

IMG_20181025_135849_edit.jpg

I expect your files to contain more surprises for us in the near future. Maybe a break-down of Monaco and Fury car numbers produced in Newark, DE for the 1974 model year or something like that.

Back