C body map:

That was easy! Why didn't we do this sooner? Now we can really see how many lurkers we have...

Maybe our administrator could make a link to this somewhere so we don't have to look for this thread

I have the following suggestion: have a World map. on that Country click on it and open up to the USA for example. The number of members would be on each State. Then click the appropriate State to show a enlarged one with a icon where each member would live. When mousing over it it would give a brief overview. The member would decide what name, City and number of cars. Click on that again to see members profile where it could include more info, car photos etc. This way would ensure privacy with the approval of the member.

So what happens if you are a FCBO member but have yet to find the right Cbody?

I have the following suggestion: have a World map. on that Country click on it and open up to the USA for example. The number of members would be on each State. Then click the appropriate State to show a enlarged one with a icon where each member would live. When mousing over it it would give a brief overview. The member would decide what name, City and number of cars. Click on that again to see members profile where it could include more info, car photos etc. This way would ensure privacy with the approval of the member.

I fail to see how this adds any privacy, without a login anybody can see it.

As for the other map, when you put the city it puts the icon at the center of that city, heck this map isn't tied to FCBO so you can put any info as for user name etc.

Alan

FYI, unless you have the specific link I put in earlier, you cannot edit the map. That link is for editing only (well and viewing). There is a different link for viewing only. I did set up a password but it shouldn't be neccessary if you use the link posted. AND, truth be known, I stole the idea from the AspenAndVolare site (it's ok though, I am a member).

Back