C body on a 4x4 Frame

Landyacht

Reaction score
I was pondering the idea of dropping my stroker motor that I currently have in my Newport into an A body. I have been thinking about it over the last few years. I have two different issues that I am dealing with on this idea of mine. First is finding an A body car that I can find for a decent price. Somewhere in the $2000 to $3000 price range but it seems that anything within that price range that I've seen so far is complete junk. I don't want to pay a lot for a near mint condition car because I don't want to butcher up something really nice. My second issue is what to do with the Newport siting there with no engine. My solution would be to put the body onto a Dodge Power Ram chassis. I happen to own a Power Ram where the body is completely rusted beyond repair but the frame is still intact and still runs and drives. the Newports body has ben repaired with fiber glass and bondo in allot of areas and the trunk is rotted out in places. The rockers floors and subframes are solid but the car still would need a lot of sheet metal work in order to restore it the right way. and to me would be a complete waste of money and time since they don't make that many c body replacement body panels.

Any thoughts

For years there was a Corvette running around here on a 4x4 frame. Then I didn't see the car for a couple of years, until one day when I was scouring through the boneyard. There wasn't one square foot of that Corvette body that didn't have a crack in it!

Are there any pics of your Newport on this site?

I have stripped parts out of A-Bodies to use in my C-Body. I would've stripped parts from B & E-Body cars too, but there weren't any in the boneyard, except for a '74 Satellite, which I did strip a couple of items from. :)

Do it! It sounds fun! You can email me pics if you don't want to post them here.
In my 'hood, there's a Cadillac hearse and an 80's Fairmount on 4x4 frames. They get just as much attention (maybe more) than my big ol' Imperials.

Do what you want to with the Newport. It is YOUR car, and if you think it's too far gone to save, do something fun with it. Not every car will stay stock/original forever. At least it's not a mint car you're doing it with. I'd love to see some pics of it. I don't mind different. Different is good. Oh, if the year is right, cut out that section of trunk lipbthat Stan needs and send it to him!

DSC00057.jpgDSC00073.jpgDSC00069.jpgDSC00070.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

Back