C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Other than 14s are too small I have more than 1 preference. Consider how relatively few of our cars are out there I certainly do appreciate a redone stock height 15" road wheel car. Even if not original they add a bit of spottiness to what might be an average car. But this opinion has been shared many times in this thread (I read them all!). For me even before I had my fury I was planning on 17s. This kind of thread was invaluable. Even the harsh words sunk in. My car had the very small 14 magnum 500 wheels with trim rings and that was never my long term plan. These cars are so big they can handle/deserve bigger. But then it got hard. What style is best suited. Some opinions: Multi spoke does not work well on big cars, typical 5 spoke drag wheels (billet specialty street lite) looked good but wishing it was a drag car does not make it so, bigger than 17 makes the tire sidewall get too narrow, dark wheels look smaller than they really are, and any fender lip or skirt that covers the tire can camouflage big diameter a bit. I was 90% ready for a fat spoke all chrome 17 when I came back home to the AR magnum 500. Super happy with the rear and front looks a bit big so it has to be lowered past the top of the tire. Maybe if they made 16s that would be the ticket.
IMG_0659.JPG

Other than 14s are too small I have more than 1 preference. Consider how relatively few of our cars are out there I certainly do appreciate a redone stock height 15" road wheel car. Even if not original they add a bit of spottiness to what might be an average car. But this opinion has been shared many times in this thread (I read them all!). For me even before I had my fury I was planning on 17s. This kind of thread was invaluable. Even the harsh words sunk in. My car had the very small 14 magnum 500 wheels with trim rings and that was never my long term plan. These cars are so big they can handle/deserve bigger. But then it got hard. What style is best suited. Some opinions: Multi spoke does not work well on big cars, typical 5 spoke drag wheels (billet specialty street lite) looked good but wishing it was a drag car does not make it so, bigger than 17 makes the tire sidewall get too narrow, dark wheels look smaller than they really are, and any fender lip or skirt that covers the tire can camouflage big diameter a bit. I was 90% ready for a fat spoke all chrome 17 when I came back home to the AR magnum 500. Super happy with the rear and front looks a bit big so it has to be lowered past the top of the tire. Maybe if they made 16s that would be the ticket.View attachment 130019

wow she's a beaut! thanks bnz84 for sharing your fine '69 with us here in this thread. that combo looks great.

see cantflip? they'll turn up even when we are not looking. I never ran across (or I just plain missed it) bnz84's car in my googling. if so, it woulda caught my eye and been here long ago :)

Hey, doin the special edition thread is turning up more cars with fancy wheels.

Special Editions

Not the biggest fan of blackwalls on "high profile" tires (except cop cars) but this looks good with TT's

00-1-2.jpg

Back