Calling anyone in Alberta

Robert Saigh

Reaction score
Just curious if there is anyone in the Edmonton/Grand Prarie area? Please PM me.... there's a vehicle up there I'm inquiring about. Thank You

I'm in Edmonton. Grand Prairie is a long drive away, close to five hours one way. And I believe I am the most northern Alberta member. If it's in Edmonton, or close, I can do it. Grand Prairie would take some serious convincing.

you will need to find someone actually from grand prairie,,,its in the middle of nowhere...

Thanks! The guy has a '74 Imperial coupe. He's sending me some pix's tonight I'll make decision in 2-3 days weather it's worth it or not! Please, if possible, keep me informed if you get anymore info. Again Thanks.... Bob

^^Monaco69: So...You've seen the car? It's on Kijiji. I talked to the guy 2 hours ago....going to send me more pix's!

It,s cheap and not running............hmmmmmmm.
But it doesn,t look bad ....

He told me it's either the starter or the battery....I don't think this guy knows much about vehicles! He wants it out of the yard. It's registered through June 2020. He kind of inherited the car through a third party. Sounds like a lot of drama. He's going to send me some photos of some areas I asked for, so we'll see what happens.

If you get it shipped to Calgary there’s enough of us here to help with diagnosis and condition report but Grant is right its not at the end of the world but you can see it from there...

If you get it shipped to Calgary there’s enough of us here to help with diagnosis and condition report but Grant is right its not at the end of the world but you can see it from there...
Shipping to Calgary will cost him $1500 from GP

Thanks a lot....I've got to do some thinking on this one. It'll depend on the condition and price which is very reasonable but as I said I have to see some photos first. Thanks again!

He told me it's either the starter or the battery....I don't think this guy knows much about vehicles! He wants it out of the yard. It's registered through June 2020. He kind of inherited the car through a third party. Sounds like a lot of drama. He's going to send me some photos of some areas I asked for, so we'll see what happens.

"Inherited through a third party" sounds like trouble to me. Make sure he's got the title for it. It may be registered, but by the "third party".
Third party might have parked it there and this guy is sick of it!
Hate to see you get burned.

"Inherited through a third party" sounds like trouble to me. Make sure he's got the title for it. It may be registered, but by the "third party".
Third party might have parked it there and this guy is sick of it!
Hate to see you get burned.

We don’t have a title system in Alberta a car can pass through a million hands between having registrered plates on it. We just have Bills of Sale so that may be a consideration.

We don’t have a title system in Alberta a car can pass through a million hands between having registrered plates on it. We just have Bills of Sale so that may be a consideration.
I not even ask for BOS anymore when I buy a car , i just give the seller the money and later on when I need a registration I make my own BOS with my wife or money or son.

I not even ask for BOS anymore when I buy a car , i just give the seller the money and later on when I need a registration I make my own BOS with my wife or money or son.

Wish it was that easy down here... That ****'s not gonna fly here. Buyer beware.

I bought a '77 coupe in St. Catherines Ontario....Had no problem getting over the Border! This could be a problem but I just have this Love affair with Certain Formal coupes....especially when it's a '74 Imperial! Must be some kind of disease!

As Graham aka dobalovr and Tobias have said, get it to Calgary and they'll look after you by checking it over.

I had the pleasure of meeting both of them whilst in Calgary a couple of years ago and nicer guys you couldn't meet. I look forward to returning one day as I loved Calgary- perfect weather around minus 16 C.

Next thing you know you'll be driving your car home in your new Ram truck and trailer, Graham will give you a good price.

Lol.

^^ Thanks to all! I called him again today....left message. He's supposed to send me photos, so we'll see. I might be taking a risk here but if it's as rust free as he says it is and the interior is good (needs cleaning) it might not be too bad! The funny thig is....per capita, I'd be willing to bet there are more 2 door Formals in Alberta (this is the 5th or 6th in the last 3 years) and to a lesser degree in the rest of Canada than the US! Maybe we have more demolition derbies too...LOL! Anyway, thanks to you guys for the assistance. BTW, the car is listed on Kijiji!

Back