Camshaft question

Building -68 440 cid with 4-barrel carb, stock heads and manifolds. Is this suitable camshaft for daily driving and cruising ?
Sealed Power Replacement Hydraulic Camshafts CS-327
This appears to be the replacement for the old TRW TM327 camshaft which was the stock replacement for big block Chrysler engines for years. It worked very well in all non-HP applications. They were an excellent low end torque engines in light duty trucks as well.

This cam is very mild. What are your HP goals? If a standard low-perf (350hp gross rating) crusing is what you're after that cam will suffice.

I think I'll choose the first mentioned cam. Rockauto sells a package which includdes camshaft, hydraulic lifters and timing gear. And the price is reasonable.

I'm restoring this to my daughters. I've owned this since year -90, but 'cause I have a neuromuscular desease FALS, I'm cruising only with electric powered wheelchair.

With stock cam this engine still got enough power and torque to young girls.

I think I'll choose the first mentioned cam. Rockauto sells a package which includdes camshaft, hydraulic lifters and timing gear. And the price is reasonable.

I'm restoring this to my daughters. I've owned this since year -90, but 'cause I have a neuromuscular desease FALS, I'm cruising only with electric powered wheelchair.

With stock cam this engine still got enough power and torque to young girls.

Good luck and you will be satisfied I believe! :)

Sorry to hear about your disease. I have Lyme, which has been extremely rough the past 2 years, but I am nowhere near wheel chair bound. I just move with pain. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there! and I hope a doctor finds a cure.

Sorry to hear about your disease. I have Lyme, which has been extremely rough the past 2 years, but I am nowhere near wheel chair bound. I just move with pain. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there! and I hope a doctor finds a cure.
Thank you, appreciate. All the best for you.

Back