Can anyone identify the top on this 1977 New Yorker Brougham?

Moparmania

Reaction score
Can't find any info on the vinyl top on this car. Has anybody seen one before? Nothing in the brochure, nothing on the internet. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2022-06-26 221744.jpg

Looks like an aftermarket "kit", considering the Cadillac-style quarter window and the "coach light" nearby. Probably a fiberglass cap covered in vinyl with a padded u nderlayment. Pop riveted to the factory body. Definitely NOT a factory item, from what I suspect. Probably something the selling dealer had added-on for something different and a nice markup?

CBODY67

royal monacos with the diplomat pkg had a landau style roof but no other c bodies had this style, it was either a full vinyl top or the front of the roof and rear opera windows being covered with vinyl, the St Regis on chryslers had thickly padded tops

1656306697049.png

1656307037401.png

1656308292802.png

Last edited:
I would remove that top and repair any rust under it and paint the top. I should of done the same thing to my 78 NY'er. The original owner took the blue top off and put a black aftermarket top on it. Mopar never but a black top on a B3 Blue Formal. I put a blue top back on it but I should of just painted it B3 Blue.

Hmmm. I don't see it in the 77 Data Book or 77 Trim selector. I can't find a pic of any 77 NY's with this top. Low production?
This is an aftermarket vinyl top installation. It most definitely is NOT a factory install. Go to your local library and look up back issues of Automotive News, Motor Trend and other period magazines. I'm sure somebody will have run an ad showing this roof.

Back