Canadian 71 sport fury GT

Little update; still looking for the drip rails.

68E3CD2E-9091-43D1-A30D-B54E5044F09A.jpeg

F90A8614-7148-4AC8-A2FB-71FB114A2BA5.jpeg

You have misplaced the drip rails or your
Looking for some? I have some on 70 300 coupe if they interchange?
BTW nice work on the GT

Lol The year was 2001 and I was searching for a mopar car I came across this one listed and I had never seen a GT before! I think he was asking 2200 , I ended up getting 3 chrysler hurst cars for the same price

Well done! Can't wait to see the finished product! Let the nitpickers pick. Who cares? It's going to be amazing, and when the shell was that far gone, you've saved the spirit of the car.

Any progress made on it lately?

Barely any over the past few months. I spent some time building a new shop and picking up some easy projects in between while I find parts for the GT, life and some reoccurring health issues slowed me down for a bit but I have almost everything I need now for the car and should be moving it to the new shop this weekend hopefully.

I don’t get to post on here very often but recently I picked up a car I’ve been after for some time and I spent the last 4 weeks working on it. This is a 1971 Plymouth sport fury GT Canadian car, gold with green interior. Although it may never be original again it will for sure be on the road again soon with help from a 4 door donor vehicle.

I saved as much as possible from the GT tub, doors, roof, entire interior, all the interior panels and supports... cut the roof and all 4 door components from the donor car and transferred all parts from the GT. The majority or steel work is done aside from a few patches here and there but overall I’m pleased with the progress made on the car. Ok decided to respray the car gold and the only thing I will be changing appearance wise will be the strobe stripes from gold to black.

View attachment 403069

View attachment 403070

View attachment 403071

View attachment 403073

View attachment 403074

View attachment 403075

View attachment 403076

View attachment 403077

View attachment 403072
Are you a Rotarian?

I think you have done a great job on the car! As far as the various opinions, as long as you have the disclosure for the next person, they will buy it if they like it.
My personal opinion is, if it gets another Mopar back on the road, we all win because we all like to see them on the road being driven.
I would definitely like to see one on the road being used, than one sitting in a garage not being used because it is all original. After all a car is meant for transportation and to be driven, not being tucked and never used for fear of hurting it’s originality.
Great job and looking forward to future progress, when she is eating up miles back out on the road!

Was meandering around looking at GT threads and stumbled here.
What are those valve covers from, I've never seen then with the horizontal area for the oil separators.
Late 70s Industrial engine?

Back