Can't read my $#%^%% sockets any more.

That is hilarious!!

The Rover motor is based on the Buick/Olds 215 aluminum V8

Yes, with a fancy TBI to make it modern!

Land Rover was either a Buick 215 variant or a 4.6 Ford... should have been easy to deal with. I think they weren't Lucas anymore by then either.

All I can tell you about MG is it will be a PITA, but being a C Body guy... you should be used to that.

Try the shoes again...:poke:

Yea for sure! I have so many projects going now, another PITA project I need like a hole in the head
The MG34 was a superb weapon, even so, the MG 42 surpassed it in many ways.

Ja!

I've never seen a finished MG. And if someone says it's finished, they won't drive it.

Even if it's done, I'm not sure if she's going to like driving it. Neither one of us has ever driven one. Under powered and rough riding sounds more like lawn mower than an enthusiast auto.

The Rover motor is based on the Buick/Olds 215 aluminum V8
Somewhere in those days they went under Ford control... I think TATA owns them now... but I agree. I once tried to convince a manager who drove one to let me swap in a 455:rolleyes:
I've never seen a finished MG. And if someone says it's finished, they won't drive it.
As a prepubescent child, I read enough about these cars to think I liked them. I still like the idea, but I would lean towards a bug eyed Sprite if I was to jump off that cliff. I never drove one or recall anyone who had a working version, there were several works in progress sitting in the corner of garages though... about the footprint of a riding mower.

Really doesn't matter, by age 12 I was too tall to enjoy sitting in one(or climbing out) too much. I'm buying an original GT40 and a big coffee table to put it on when I hit the lottery for a bazillion dollars... even with a Gurney bubble, I don't think my big *** will fit well(gotta love any American car that walks over to Europe and kicked the "prancing horse" right in the sack in their own sport):icon_fU:

Somewhere in those days they went under Ford control... I think TATA owns them now... but I agree. I once tried to convince a manager who drove one to let me swap in a 455:rolleyes:

As a prepubescent child, I read enough about these cars to think I liked them. I still like the idea, but I would lean towards a bug eyed Sprite if I was to jump off that cliff. I never drove one or recall anyone who had a working version, there were several works in progress sitting in the corner of garages though... about the footprint of a riding mower.

Really doesn't matter, by age 12 I was too tall to enjoy sitting in one(or climbing out) too much. I'm buying an original GT40 and a big coffee table to put it on when I hit the lottery for a bazillion dollars... even with a Gurney bubble, I don't think my big *** will fit well(gotta love any American car that walks over to Europe and kicked the "prancing horse" right in the sack in their own sport):icon_fU:

Many years ago my brother had a type "A" coupe. That thing was the biggest PITA i ever did see. The damn thing broke down worse than a Ford.

I started wearing glasses right after I started grade school... been very near sighted all my life. The last number of years I stopped being able to comfortably read, then work on the computer etc. I tried the bifocals without lines... I couldn't figure them out, so I now alternate between a pair I can drive out of and a pair I can work the computer or do some paperwork with at arms length.

I read my sockets by pressing them against my nose... perfect distance for now. I have all the peg holders and such as it was flat rate survival... but I also always bought every used SnapOn ratchet I stumbled across for a reasonable price... my typical big job involves a handful of ratchets so I don't have to swap sockets as often.
I fixed this problem . Go to a good eye surgeon. Had him install Multi focal lenses . You will never need any type of glasses ever again!!

I fixed this problem . Go to a good eye surgeon. Had him install Multi focal lenses . You will never need any type of glasses ever again!!
I'm a poor candidate for surgery... damnit... I consistently get the warnings about detached retinas and macular degeneration.

John Wayne didn't die from cigarettes, the a-bomb took him out. I have been trying to quit smoking because the macular degeneration possibility scares the bejesus out of me.

Back