Carlisle 2016 - A Great Car Show

Thanks for giving me credit Will, but I really just handed tools and was the parts runner. Will and the fellas helping him have all swapped more transmissions than me in the last decade... there is a time to stand back and know things are in good hands.

I took a couple quick pictures before going to help. I had to, as soon as I found out Will had taken this on in the middle of the swap area I knew I had found a C-body role model. Love her, take care of her and just deal with the little setbacks as they happen. For most of us, this would have all been devastating. Will never stopped smiling.
View attachment 85268 View attachment 85269

Please tell me you didn't see any 1966 300 Taillights for a reasonable price at the swap meet.....please!

Please tell me you didn't see any 1966 300 Taillights for a reasonable price at the swap meet.....please!
I saw none for reasonably or unreasonable prices. I need the left side. I had a guy talk to me at the show and said he had some and he could sell me one at a fair price, but he was being very strange and wouldn't giving any of his information or take mine. Asked if I would be back tomorrow and I said yes and he said I will see you then. I never saw him.

We had a great time, as usual, and it was really great meeting everyone.

We had an interesting trip.... The blinding rain storm we drove through peeled my Carlisle sticker half off and screwed up some of the argent paint on my grille surround.... Yea, it was raining that hard.

Some issues with ongoing construction at the hotel and then a leak from the plumbing in the bathroom above us got me wet while I was... umm... taking care of some business.... made even more interesting..

Return trip was a little tough... Hours in the heat made us tired and we couldn't get a room until we hit Wilkes Barre... but we're home today.

I saw none for reasonably or unreasonable prices. I need the left side. I had a guy talk to me at the show and said he had some and he could sell me one at a fair price, but he was being very strange and wouldn't giving any of his information or take mine. Asked if I would be back tomorrow and I said yes and he said I will see you then. I never saw him.
That's just weird...

The last set of only partially destroyed tlights i found were in the possession of someone similar. He offered them to me then when i said yes ill take them he got all weird and started backtracking...unobtainium does weird things to people i guess

The last set of only partially destroyed tlights i found were in the possession of someone similar. He offered them to me then when i said yes ill take them he got all weird and started backtracking...unobtainium does weird things to people i guess
I'll try to remember to watch for them... Especially now that I have witnessed that gold car everybody gravitates towards. You guys are better off hiring Stan to troll the web until some show up though... I am fairly useless, and worse if it's not Formal parts.

image.jpg
That is some crazy Hogan's Heroes type stuff right there! Sneaking the Admiral out under Shultz's nose and getting Carter,Newkirk and LeBeau to help....nice!! Who was Kolonel Klink?

What a great day at Carlisle today. It's going to be hard to top the FCBO member turnout we enjoyed today.

I spent an interesting evening swapping transmissions in the Admiral. I found a used 904 in the swap area that had been cleaned up and resealed, with 48K miles.
I snuck the Admiral out of bldg Y where it was on display, rolled it onto my vendor neighbor's trailer and, with some help from Jeff, (can't flip), and some others, swapped it into the car.
It goes into gear nicely but I'll test drive it in the am before seeking it back into bldg Y.

Wil: You never fail to just blow me away with the challenges you take on. I'm very impressed.

I was amazed at how many Brothers i saw down there. Nice to see some with taste. Long as they dont Donk a Mopar and go with a Mcdonalds theme.

What a great day at Carlisle today. It's going to be hard to top the FCBO member turnout we enjoyed today.

I spent an interesting evening swapping transmissions in the Admiral. I found a used 904 in the swap area that had been cleaned up and resealed, with 48K miles.
I snuck the Admiral out of bldg Y where it was on display, rolled it onto my vendor neighbor's trailer and, with some help from Jeff, (can't flip), and some others, swapped it into the car.
It goes into gear nicely but I'll test drive it in the am before seeking it back into bldg Y.

Incredible! Hands down the best car show story I've ever heard. I'm brining my unfinished vert project next year, the FCBO crew could probably get her done and painted, LOL!

BTW, it was great meeting you and Ellie and some of the other folks, wish I could have talked to more of you guys but the show and swap was just too distracting. See you all next year!

Back