IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG
IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG

Very nice pictures John! Did you turn the kids loose or did you walk with them when they took all of those pictures??? They are already better photographers than I am. Lol!
This might of been my car when it was new. I couldn't find the owner to ask him about the history.

View attachment 473452
We don't cut them loose. The two older ones would be fine on their own - most likely, but the two younger ones still require much supervision. We traveled around as a family.

We don't cut them loose. The two older ones would be fine on their own - most likely, but the two younger ones still require much supervision. We traveled around as a family.

Great! My parents always done everything with us as a family too. I'm amazed at the nice quality pictures they took of most cars! I like the close up shots of the badges and taillights too.

Wow, massive photo dump, thanks for all that.

I have E-body fatigue, haha....

The E bodies were right behind us and to be honest there was like four rows of them.
Great! My parents always done everything with us as a family too. I'm amazed at the nice quality pictures they took of most cars! I like the close up shots of the badges and taillights too.
They can squat right down there and get them close ups easily. If I'm raising my kids someone else will be and to be honest I don't care for the results I see others producing.

They can squat right down there and get them close ups easily. If I'm raising my kids someone else will be and to be honest I don't care for the results I see others producing.

Congrats! You are doing a fine job Dad!!!

I bought an 86 two years ago and was highly disappointed. Fun truck from light to light or to a local show, but that's it.

The same friend of mine who's doing the Gen III Hemi swap just spent a year fixing up an '85 4WD Ramhcarger to use as a driver. He hated it, and sold it after a few weeks. On a positive note, it sold in two days for real good money. He's had a few Ramchargers in the distant past, but has been spoiled by the modern trucks for 15 years now, and had completely forgotten that the Ramcahrgers just don't drive very well.

Jeff

The same friend of mine who's doing the Gen III Hemi swap just spent a year fixing up an '85 4WD Ramhcarger to use as a driver. He hated it, and sold it after a few weeks. On a positive note, it sold in two days for real good money. He's had a few Ramchargers in the distant past, but has been spoiled by the modern trucks for 15 years now, and had completely forgotten that the Ramcahrgers just don't drive very well.

Jeff

I test drove them in the early 90s. I don't remember them being that horrible. I never bought out of affordability.
I agree , the new trucks likely spoiled many of us. That Ramcharger screamed at 65 mph, I meaned screamed. It drank fuel at a ridiculous rate. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I sold it for what I paid , 11.5.

This is the end of Olivia's pictures and the end all together for this year.

Kudos to the kids for a great job! :thumbsup:

And thanks for taking the time to post them all.

I've been terrible at taking any photos the last few years at the show and this helps out a bunch.

Next up, I need to find a way to make more time to mingle with the FCBO crew. My one friend gets stuck at out vendor spots for the majority of the show and I try to get back every couple hours so he can get out and do his shopping and see the show cars.

Jeff

I test drove them in the early 90s. I don't remember them being that horrible. I never bought out of affordability.
I agree , the new trucks likely spoiled many of us. That Ramcharger screamed at 65 mph, I meaned screamed. It drank fuel at a ridiculous rate. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I sold it for what I paid , 11.5.

Now that they are so old, some of the handling issue may be the need for a new steering box. A tiny bit of play in the sector shaft can make a big deal at the wheel. I believe another factor is the curved drag link that Dodge used. You would think that the Dodge should steer exactly like a GM square body, since they both use the same GM steering box, and same Dana 44 front axle, but they don't. I drove 4WD square body Suburbans from 1999 to 2019, both 1/2 and 3/4 ton, so I got very accustomed to how they drove. I bought a 1987 Dodge 4WD about 10 years ago, and just didn't care for the way it steered compared to the GM's. It's a shame too, as it was a real sharp truck in one of my favorite color combinations.

87 Ram.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

I also had the same issue that you did. The fuel mileage was abysmal. At 8.5 mpg, it cost me $20 in gas for the round trip to visit a friend 23 miles away. I sold it in 2015 because I just didn't use it much and it was starting to leak water into the interior from a rusting roof. Now that prices have skyrocketed on the 70's and 80's trucks, I wish I had kept it. As usual, I lost quite a bit of money on it when I sold it.

Jeff

This is my current challenge. I'm thinking to show up earlier, maybe Thursday afternoon or evening, but that may be a stretch for the rest of the family.

You were on my list of people to visit, but when I went by your car no one was around. You were probably out with the kids at the time.

Jeff

Great job children! :thumbsup:

John, I am so happy you have taken over the task of uploading all of that... looks like about 6 hours work.:thankyou:

To all other knuckleheads who enjoyed the pics... 4 children were pressed into service to take them, Mom and Dad kept the herd in check all weekend ( great kids, couldn't have been too tough), Dad posted them all here and the kids do look to see what reactions they get... SO PLEASE DROP A COMMENT OR HIT LIKE OR SOMETHING TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION!

A side note, the youngest was very sweet as she told me that she got an early birthday present of a camera for the show!:lol:

John: The kids did a fantastic job taking all the pictures thanks to them I got to see cars I did not have the time to walk around to see. I spent most of my time wandering around the swap-meet area.

Great pics! Your youngins do a great job with them!
And I got to see the cars that I didn't have time to go check out.
And I'm glad they took a picture of my car as well.

Thanks for posting the pics kids !!

Back