Carlisle 2022

I for one will not register my car with B-Bodys.
Rip, I think you might be misunderstanding that.

In the registration, there is a drop down box for the club or organization you are associated with. It has nothing to do with what class you car is in.

As said, get 25 or more entries that check off the same organization and you get a free tent.

I won't be going this year, so it's a moot point for me, but I always check off NEHOA as it's a club I've been a member of and been involved with for many years.

@Ripinator hsorman means register under the FBBO club, the car can still be registered under the C body class as normal, and won't affect parking.
Thanks. Yes, perhaps that was not clear.
The registration for where your car is displayed will be the same - you should not register your car in a different class. Your car will be parked, judged and shown with C bodies, as it should be. It is simply a manner of selecting FBBO as the Chrysler Club - it is in the drop down list when registering.
1648483285432.png

Rip, I think you might be misunderstanding that.

In the registration, there is a drop down box for the club or organization you are associated with. It has nothing to do with what class you car is in.

As said, get 25 or more entries that check off the same organization and you get a free tent.

I won't be going this year, so it's a moot point for me, but I always check off NEHOA as it's a club I've been a member of and been involved with for many years.

John: Very sorry you aren't attending this year. We'll definitely miss you. As regards the Club registration thing: Several years ago I registered my car as a C-Body and at the same time I affiliated the registration with the Chrysler 300, Intl club. Parking area I was assigned was with that club. . . Maybe I did it incorrectly. . .

John: Very sorry you aren't attending this year.
Yea, with the Syracuse Nationals being the same weekend this year.... 20 minutes away... over 8000 pre 1991 cars and the promise of indoor spots for my cars, Carlisle came in second.

There are 29 classes for B bodies alone. Last year, those of us that registered as FBBO were not grouped together - they were in the class that they registered in. Each class has a section and people park in a spot of their choosing first come, first served.

John: Very sorry you aren't attending this year. We'll definitely miss you. As regards the Club registration thing: Several years ago I registered my car as a C-Body and at the same time I affiliated the registration with the Chrysler 300, Intl club. Parking area I was assigned was with that club. . . Maybe I did it incorrectly. . .
I get what you are saying, but in reality he is just asking for your name on a list to make the list bigger to gain more/free tent. It is not a requirement to park there with "club".
Where is the actual tent located at Hawk?

Two clubs with "Mafia" in their name, plus a Jersey Shore contingent and a couple from Lawn Guyland. Will they be filming a reality tv show at Carlisle this year?

1648483285432.png

I get what you are saying, but in reality he is just asking for your name on a list to make the list bigger to gain more/free tent. It is not a requirement to park there with "club".
It does more than that. The "club" with the highest participation receives a special award.

There is a Challenger Forum that has been getting that award the past few years, which I (and others) disagree with because it's a forum and not a club.

I can almost guarantee the tent won't be near the C-bodies. Might not even be near the A-B-E-LSMFT bodies either. They put it where they put it.

Wow, a special award! If it is not 5 digits of cash (no coins) it's just not that special.
Club, forum, a group of assholes that hang out together, what's the difference what you call it. Why split hairs?
Glad to see a Corvette wannabe forum gets the "special award".

Last edited:
They won't assign the tent location until later on, and we don't have any say in where they put it. It has typically been near Bryn Mawr Road along the main internal road between gates 2 and 3 (West Side). I think it is officially called Diane Drive(?).
I do realize this is not ideal for the C body folks. The C bodies have typically been above the manufacturers Midway, so the tent will likely not be super close to the C body cars. Having said that, I will contact Ed Buczawskie from the Carlisle Fairgrounds and see it he can put the tent more towards the East side on the road that bisects the C bodies and the A and B bodies. I have no idea if I will have any luck doing so, but I can at least try.

Two clubs with "Mafia" in their name, plus a Jersey Shore contingent and a couple from Lawn Guyland. Will they be filming a reality tv show at Carlisle this year?

View attachment 522798
I don't think it takes much to register a club...

Wow, a special award! If it is not 5 digits of cash (no coins) it's just not that special.
Club, forum, a group of assholes that hang out together, what's the difference what you call it. Why split hairs?
Glad to see a Corvette wannabe forum gets the "special award".
I think there used to be more involved, maybe cash... I don't remember. Somehow I think I remember cash being donated to a charity of choice, which is good. The top 3 do get a banner for their and I know with the NEHOA, they've been able to get a good camping site based on their numbers.

As said, it doesn't take much to register as a "club". Having been around places where the Mafia had their hands in (like just about every car dealership here ) I find it repugnant to use that in their name. Perhaps they've never seen cops calling someone being shot in the twice in the back of their head a "suicide".

So, off on a tangent... but, yea, there's not much really... Some bragging rites that matter to some. The new stuff has taken over the Ford show and the Mopar show isn't far behind. I can't argue with it, but it does make my desire to go less when surrounded by a sea of new cars.

As said, it doesn't take much to register as a "club". Having been around places where the Mafia had their hands in (like just about every car dealership here ) I find it repugnant to use that in their name. Perhaps they've never seen cops calling someone being shot in the twice in the back of their head a "suicide".

...and hopefully the organizers won't get 'clipped' when a certain "club" doesn't get receive the award they expected....haha.

Last edited:
They won't assign the tent location until later on, and we don't have any say in where they put it. It has typically been near Bryn Mawr Road along the main internal road between gates 2 and 3 (West Side). I think it is officially called Diane Drive(?).
I do realize this is not ideal for the C body folks. The C bodies have typically been above the manufacturers Midway, so the tent will likely not be super close to the C body cars. Having said that, I will contact Ed Buczawskie from the Carlisle Fairgrounds and see it he can put the tent more towards the East side on the road that bisects the C bodies and the A and B bodies. I have no idea if I will have any luck doing so, but I can at least try.
Just a couple of quick updates:
(1) I did correspond with Ed from the Carlisle Fairgrounds. The tent companies are short staffed, so they may be setting up tents and leaving them for all their shows, rather than taking them down and relocating/ setting them up again for the next show. This means that there will be less ideal tent placements for any given show. I did ask Ed if he could relocate the FxBO tent to be closer to the C Body folks. He said there is a chance that can happen, as they may be putting more tents towards the middle anyway to handle leaving them up. He seemed very willing to do this and added a note to that effect with the FBBO tent registration. No promises, but I am hopeful there will be a better tent location this year to include C and E body folks.

(2) I am leaving on a cross country trip with my 73 Road Runner tomorrow. Long story short, I have had lots of setbacks and challenges, but I am finally (hopefully) ready. This means that some of the Carlisle planning has been delayed. I will do some of this on the road during the next couple of months.
I just wanted to let everyone know I have not "forgotten" about this, but rather that other priorities have slowed down some of the Carlisle work.

If any of you want to follow along with pictures from my trip, you can go here: Hawkrod 'RoadKill' Cross Country Trip 2022

Keep on enjoying our old Mopars!

Hawk

I probably won’t get there again this year, but I will be driving by it this Sunday. Not sure I want to drive back later this summer.

I will be on the way with my pickup to help move my kids home from Newark,DE and Virginia Beach.
One car on a dolly packed to the roof (it’s amazing how much a Kia Soul holds) behind my pickup and the other car following with a filled trunk and backseat where my 19 and 23 year old can complain about each other’s driving skills for 20 some hours.

Just a couple of quick updates:
(1) I did correspond with Ed from the Carlisle Fairgrounds. The tent companies are short staffed, so they may be setting up tents and leaving them for all their shows, rather than taking them down and relocating/ setting them up again for the next show. This means that there will be less ideal tent placements for any given show. I did ask Ed if he could relocate the FxBO tent to be closer to the C Body folks. He said there is a chance that can happen, as they may be putting more tents towards the middle anyway to handle leaving them up. He seemed very willing to do this and added a note to that effect with the FBBO tent registration. No promises, but I am hopeful there will be a better tent location this year to include C and E body folks.

(2) I am leaving on a cross country trip with my 73 Road Runner tomorrow. Long story short, I have had lots of setbacks and challenges, but I am finally (hopefully) ready. This means that some of the Carlisle planning has been delayed. I will do some of this on the road during the next couple of months.
I just wanted to let everyone know I have not "forgotten" about this, but rather that other priorities have slowed down some of the Carlisle work.

If any of you want to follow along with pictures from my trip, you can go here: Hawkrod 'RoadKill' Cross Country Trip 2022

Keep on enjoying our old Mopars!

Hawk
Safe travels..

I took the HVAC box out of the dash last summer for a record and haven't got it back in yet. Mainly due to an unwillingness to work in a cold garage. Right now I'm trying to get a rototillet, chainsaw, and motorcycle fixed. Then I'll drive into the NYer. The tiller and chainsaw may get take into get serviced. I'm getting frustrated with them.

Hey guys, I haven't been active on the board for awhile. Since I can cross the border I'm coming to Carlisle this year for sure. Additionally, I just got some good news on Friday. I had submitted an application to display my '66 Windsor in one of the buildings at Carlisle and my application was approved!

Back