Carlisle 2022

Omni

Reaction score
Good Evening All and Merry Christmas
Just made reservations for hotel and reservations for the 'Party Barge' ('65 Newport) for Carlisle this July.
Been Years since I've been there.

Omni

Is this going to be the official 2022 thread?

I might go as a vendor this year. Still undecided, but intend on going if... @LocuMob gets his 4 speed car running or else @sixpkrt and I will be boycotting the drive. We made a deal!

I have lots of Fuselage Dodge stuff that needs to find a home, I will be scaling back drastically and re-focusing my time/energy into my other interests.

Where you guys staying out there?

I'm at spot N5.
No trailer this year, just parking.
If anyone needs a place to stash parts, I'm glad to help out.

Is this going to be the official 2022 thread?
Sounds reasonable. I second the motion :)

I plan to go. @JPMODL -- lots of people stay in Mechanicsburg. Coming from where you are based, that's probably easiest. I have stayed there, as well as south of Carlisle -- depending on where I was coming from.

If you plan on driving, we could probably team up on the way east from the Midwest. Hopefully @LocuMob, @71Polara383, @sixpkrt, and @david hill will all join.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Are you going to remain active in the c-body hobby and on FCBO?
Don't be sorry, I appreciate the concern though. Time is slipping by, I've got some changes to make for the better before I miss the bus. I've got a pentastar on my arm forever and at least 3 Polaras that will Never leave my possession. I'll be around.

To All, am thinking about attending. I will bring my 4 car trailer, possibly 2 Cordobas and 2 Imperials. Not sure where to stay. I prefer Hilton family of hotels and then Marriott. Any thoughts where? Is Harrisburg the preferred place, or elsewhere? Not sure I want to stay in the truck (sleeper) or park the trailer at the grounds, and stay in a hotel?

To All, am thinking about attending. I will bring my 4 car trailer, possibly 2 Cordobas and 2 Imperials. Not sure where to stay. I prefer Hilton family of hotels and then Marriott. Any thoughts where? Is Harrisburg the preferred place, or elsewhere? Not sure I want to stay in the truck (sleeper) or park the trailer at the grounds, and stay in a hotel?
Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg are two that pop into my head where alot of people stay. There is also a few not far from the fairgrounds. I personally don't mind which one as long as it's clean, has a bed and a shower. You won't be there except to sleep and shower. The show is where you want to be all weekend, and there still won't be enough time.

Mechanicsburg is my choice. Since you prefer the Hilton family (so do I) there is a Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites.

We've stayed at both. Last year we did the Homewood Suites because wee didn't know what was going on with restaurants (short staffed etc.) and just grabbed some groceries to cook in our suite. Actually, that worked out really well and if we go, I may book there again.

Mechanicsburg has a decent amount of restaurants and the like and you can head towards Harrisburg if you are looking for more.

There's a back way that comes out near the Army barracks that saves some time and is a nice drive.

We are all registered, car and hotel wise. We are staying next to the MiddleSex Diner at the quality inn. If anyone wants a reason to go, our yellow S/23 will be there this year along with our survivor '70 Fury III "The Great Pumpkin"

I'm thinking I'll have this loaded with parts for the swap...and if I am lucky enough I'll be catching a ride home in a 4 speed slab.

20211001_083847.jpg

Back