Carlisle 2023

Finally catching up. Got home on Monday night after spending a day in DC following Carlisle.
It was finally great to see this event in person after all these years of living vicariously, and even better to meet and get to know some of the members from the eastern states and provinces. It was also great to catch up with the crew from the midwest again. And, good catching up with @MrMoparCHP 3000 miles outside of our local territory. I had a great time!

Here's some of my pics.

IMG_1723.JPEG

IMG_1724.JPEG

IMG_1727.JPEG

IMG_1774.JPEG

IMG_1775.JPEG

IMG_1776.JPEG

IMG_1777.JPEG

Some shots from my short time in DC. I hadn't been there since about 1990.....

IMG_1853.JPEG

IMG_1864.JPEG

I came across all this yellow paint on the street in front of Lafayette Square....then looked up at the sign. :rolleyes:

IMG_1863.JPEG

IMG_1914.JPEG

IMG_1968.JPEG

IMG_1966.JPEG

The 'Nam Memorial, WWII Memorial, and Lincoln Memorial all had a "heavy" feeling. It was very moving just being there.

IMG_1977.JPEG

IMG_1957.JPEG

Last edited:
Nice to meet you. I am glad you enjoyed the show.
It was interesting to hear your perspective and Alan's. Two almost opposite views.

I guess you could say that... although I'll have to strategize if I'll have enough in me to spread the love in 2024 between Back to the '50s in St. Paul, Tim's C-body show in IL, and Carlisle.

I think yer gonna hafta move east. . . Really enjoyed meeting you and spending time with you. Really hope to see you somewhere sometime next year.

Rip

Back