Catwhiskers / window fuzzies

73Coupe

Reaction score
Whatever you like to call 'em, I'm wondering if any of y'all know of a source for these, if there are any?

My catwhiskers at the exterior belt line are a little deteriorated. They'll probably hold on a few more years, but will eventually need to be replaced. They are rubber "v" shaped with a chrome strip, held on by clips to the outer door.

Thanks,

JT

try the steele rubber products they have everything for these cars

try the steele rubber products they have everything for these cars

Unfortunately, not too much for my year car :-( I may get a "masticated sheet", though for making new A-arm splash shields...

Steele.jpg

wow sorry about that they do have for my imperial and I thought they would have it for yours

yeah, RS has a big selection of catwhiskers but none for C-bodies listed. I contacted them about a week ago just in case, but no response yet.

@73Coupe -- any update on your search for cat whiskers for the '73 NYB?

@QQE does cat whiskers, among other things.
Not sure for your specific model. He is on here from time to time.

Give Todd a call at Quirey Quality Design at 814-509-6410 and he can advise you as to what they can provide for your application.

John and ayilar, Dante's is the one I got some cat wiskers from a year or two ago. They actually don't make them, rather the Top Cat brand supplies them for Dantes. I also just learned that Top Cat is a trademark name of Quirey Quality Design, so you can likely buy directly from them and save some $$. So follow the advice above and call Todd there. He has been very helpful to me for other items.

1973 Chrysler New Yorker

Last edited:
John and ayilar, Dante's is the one I got some cat wiskers from a year or two ago. They actually don't make them, rather the Top Cat brand supplies them for Dantes. I also just learned that Top Cat is a trademark name of Quirey Quality Design, so you can likely buy directly from them and save some $$. So follow the advice above and call Todd there. He has been very helpful to me for other items.

1973 Chrysler New Yorker

So I called Todd at Q.Q. today and he had to go check what they had for my car. He called me back in 30 minutes and said "we don't have them in stock, but I can make you a complete set for your 2 door HT, including the quarter windows. It will just take a few weeks..."

So I said, "yeah, sign me up!!!"

Thanks @ayilar and @saforwardlook for prodding me!

Steele rubber didn't have quarter window cat whiskers for my 66 Nyer. But the did have them for a newport. A little creativity with a hacksaw and they fit perfectly. maybe you could do the same with ones for a different model.

Back