Charging system only reading 11 volts

How can you tell if it is or not? Do they look any different? And which lead goes back to the regulator? The blue, hot energized lead (hot to key/ballast) or the 2nd green lead? Are you supposed to tape one off and ground the extra field terminal?

Website documentation and/or pictures would help please.
See there are three connections on this alternator. One is the threaded post which would where your blue wire is attached. The other two are the field connections for a later style round back alternator. One connection would be for the green wire and the other would go to ground IF your alternator is configured this way.

alternatorretroroundback95ampdualfield9922_6-600x702.jpg

Like this.

upload_2020-10-16_10-38-57-png-png.png

This is an alternator with a single field connection and what would be original to a pre 1970 car.

50ampsinglepulleyalternator2_1024x.png

If it's a single pole alt just add battery voltage to the terminal and it will full field. Then you know alt good and to look elsewhere.
If it's a dual feed ground one and battery the other.

Once you ascertain whether the alternator and/or regulator work or not, do yourslef the FAVOR of BYPASSING THE BULKHEAD for your main through-firewall power feed. Use a grommeted hole in the firewall and a wire no smaller than 10 gauge to feed from the battery stud on the starter relay to your fusebox. Protect this feed either with a 14 gauge or larger fusible link, to avoid dash fires. With a GOOD charging lead through the firewall, you should get better current to all sorts of accessories and such. This conductor came first for replacement after a wire fire a month after buying my Newport in 2016.

Go to Autozone get a VR706 electronic voltage regulator.
Plug n play for cars 69 and older.
I am with Big John on the field wires.
I had seen parts jobbers sell an reman alternator that will fit pre-70 cars with dual fields. No biggie but the guy behind the counter may not had been born when your car was built and no know the difference.
Ditto getting a bad alternator.
Last year I got a dud right out of the box for our 69 Fury.
Get the alternator bench tested and exchange it if it is a dud.
Hope this helps.

Back