CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE CHROME BOOT MOULDING - REAR SEAT

DDR2467

Reaction score
Hello All, finally got the boot for my 1969 300 convertible from Legendary. Never knew there was a part missing until i was installing the boot. Seems like there's supposed to be a chrome trim piece that receives the stiff plastic piece which is sewn into the front of the boot. If anyone has one or knows where to buy one "new" please let me know. TYIA!
TOP1.jpg
TOP2.jpg

Yes there is a strip along the back of the seat. Mine was an aluminum extrusion that was extremely hard to find. What I originally did was to install snap buttons on the back of the seat where the screws are now. The other half went onto the flap that hangs down from the boot. Worked well until I got the proper piece. You don’t see them so it did no harm.

Yes there is a strip along the back of the seat. Mine was an aluminum extrusion that was extremely hard to find. What I originally did was to install snap buttons on the back of the seat where the screws are now. The other half went onto the flap that hangs down from the boot. Worked well until I got the proper piece. You don’t see them so it did no harm.
Great idea! Thank you for the tip!

Although I have the aluminum trim in question my boot (came with car years ago) does not have any obvious way of attaching it. I'd love a pic of the "stiff plastic piece". As for your situation perhaps marine flexible Keder rail would work. I was considering sewing on the Keder onto my boot if it would slide into the aluminum extrusion.

Question: when the boot is installed can it be easily removed or does it stay attached to the seat backs?

Track & Hardware: Curtain Track, Slides and End Stops

1688046097082.png

1688046135487.png

Although I have the aluminum trim in question my boot (came with car years ago) does not have any obvious way of attaching it. I'd love a pic of the "stiff plastic piece". As for your situation perhaps marine flexible Keder rail would work. I was considering sewing on the Keder onto my boot if it would slide into the aluminum extrusion.

Question: when the boot is installed can it be easily removed or does it stay attached to the seat backs?

Track & Hardware: Curtain Track, Slides and End Stops

View attachment 603904

View attachment 603905
Will get a picture later after work if someone doesnt post before that. Any chance you can snap a picture of the profile of the aluminum track that you have so i can see what it looks like? TYIA!

yup, tonight after work. We need the opposite things! The female groove is not round. If you are a DIY person, until you find one, perhaps a 1/2 x 1/2 angle aluminum stock could be bent to fit the seat contour. Polish it up and for $10 you have a base to MacGyver an attachment point.

1688047928597.png

Great idea! Thank you for the tip!

Another thing you can do is to install the boot cover by attaching all the snaps, and just let the edge with the round bead lay where it falls at the seat back. It almost looks correct . I am currently doing it that way with the old cover on my '70 300 convertible - while waiting for Legendary to deliver my new one.

I found one in a scrap yard. The soft parts of the seat melt away and that's usually the only part that is left. Try Murray Park or head to Carlisle in July, you might get lucky.

FWIW, the snaps idea is a great solution. I've always disliked having to flip the boot over the seat before putting the top down, and then throw it in the "well" to open the back seat for passengers.

Another thing you can do is to install the boot cover by attaching all the snaps, and just let the edge with the round bead lay where it falls at the seat back. It almost looks correct . I am currently doing it that way with the old cover on my '70 300 convertible - while waiting for Legendary to deliver my new one.
How will you thread the new boot into the metal bracket? I've looked at it and mine won't budge unless it it ripped out, I can't imagine getting a new one back in there.

Ok, so once attached to the strip it's not intended to be removable. Does seem like a pain. I may do what rip said but add my L bracket plus maybe velcro or maybe somehow use ceramic magnets to make the removable connection.

How will you thread the new boot into the metal bracket? I've looked at it and mine won't budge unless it it ripped out, I can't imagine getting a new one back in there.
I just slid the bead into the slot on the back of my 66 convertible. It took a little coaxing, but it wasn't a big deal.

It just slides in.

Someone might have glued yours in... or it's just stuck. I've had mine off and on a lot.

It just slides in.

Someone might have glued yours in... or it's just stuck. I've had mine off and on a lot.
Am i missing something? The way these last couple of posts have read, it seems like you are all saying that the boot stays attached to the rear seat moulding/trim which i am missing. I would think that the entire boot would be removed every time you put the top up. LMK if i have this wrong.

Am i missing something? The way these last couple of posts have read, it seems like you are all saying that the boot stays attached to the rear seat moulding/trim which i am missing. I would think that the entire boot would be removed every time you put the top up. LMK if i have this wrong.
The boot stays attached to the trim/car.

Alan

You don't take it out in normal use, but if you take the top part of the rear seat out, you'll want to remove the boot to keep from tearing the attaching strip off while handling the seat.

The point being... It stays attached, but it's not a huge deal to pull it out or put it back. It just slides in.

You don't take it out in normal use, but if you take the top part of the rear seat out, you'll want to remove the boot to keep from tearing the attaching strip off while handling the seat.

The point being... It stays attached, but it's not a huge deal to pull it out or put it back. It just slides in.
OK! thanks for that!

Here are a couple pics taking thru the back window with the top up of mt 69 SF convert

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

I have a spare one from a 69 Fury convertible. It sure looks the same from your back seat pictures . I can get a few pics of it when I get home from work.

Would it be possible to measure the top of your back seat where the strip goes?

Back