CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE CHROME BOOT MOULDING - REAR SEAT

OK! thanks for that!
Here are a couple of pictures of my 66 and the boot cover. Note that the slot on my car is straight. Yours probably has a couple of curves in it. That may make it more difficult to slide the bead into place.

IMG_20230629_145703530.jpg

IMG_20230629_145723133.jpg

IMG_20230629_145644409.jpg

IMG_20230629_145755011_HDR.jpg

Here’s a couple pictures of mine on the 69 Fury. I’m sure it’s the same as yours.
IMG_3232.jpeg
IMG_3230.jpeg

Yes there is a strip along the back of the seat. Mine was an aluminum extrusion that was extremely hard to find. What I originally did was to install snap buttons on the back of the seat where the screws are now. The other half went onto the flap that hangs down from the boot. Worked well until I got the proper piece. You don’t see them so it did no harm.

I got some time to take a picture of the backside of the boot where I put the snaps.
They lined up with the outer edges of the rear speaker. You could put more on if you want. It worked very well.
I usually take my boot off even with the strip in place it’s a personal choice. Then I fold it up nicely and put it in the trunk.

IMG_4658.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

My memory must be failing. Forgot my trim piece has the vinyl strip still attached...not sewn into the boot. Gotta get that fixed or like I said find an alternate way of creating a more easily removable boot cover.

IMG_1484[1].JPG
IMG_1486[1].JPG
IMG_1488[1].JPG

Would it be possible to measure the top of your back seat where the strip goes?
So I’m not sure exactly where to measure from, exactly where the strip goes, or how it gets mounted since I don’t have any reference. In the morning I will go and take a few pics and try to get some measurements for you. Thank you in advance for trying to help out!

I got some time to take a picture of the backside of the boot where I put the snaps.
They lined up with the outer edges of the rear speaker. You could put more on if you want. It worked very well.
I usually take my boot off even with the strip in place it’s a personal choice. Then I fold it up nicely and put it in the trunk.

View attachment 603967

View attachment 603968
Yeah that’s smart! Great thinking!

Here’s a few pictures of my spare boot trim . You can see the end profile that the bulbous end of the rubber slides into . I’ve had my boot of several times , it’s no problem sliding it in or taking it off. It is held onto the top back of the seat with a few screws, it’s very easy to install on the seat . The only measurement I was thinking of what is the width of your back seat . The 69/70 convertible, roof and parts are exactly the same across the Chrysler Plymouth dodge line. This boot trim should be what you need. I will sell the trim , PM me if you’re interested .
IMG_3768.jpeg
IMG_3765.jpeg
IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3762.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg

IMG_3768.jpeg

Here’s a few pictures of how the boot trim mounts to the back top of the seat. Your seat should actually already have the holes in it for the screws to mount the trim piece.
IMG_3778.jpeg
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg
IMG_3779.jpeg
IMG_3778.jpeg
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg
IMG_3779.jpeg

Here is how the boot rubber slides into the trim. As you can see, mine is starting to tear at both ends . Would anybody know where I could buy the rubber strip that slides into the trim? I would like to repair my boot.
IMG_3781.jpeg
IMG_3780.jpeg
IMG_3782.jpeg
IMG_3783.jpeg

Here is how the boot rubber slides into the trim. As you can see, mine is starting to tear at both ends . Would anybody know where I could buy the rubber strip that slides into the trim? I would like to repair my boot.
View attachment 604013View attachment 604014View attachment 604015View attachment 604016

I bought my boot from Legendary. Not sure if they make them or buy them and if they would just sell the strip. It’s worth trying to give them a call. Some others may know who makes these covers and can chime in.

The marine Keder I linked to is just about the same but instead of a vinyl mtrl its a fabric welded to a flexible plastic core. And its designed to slide out. I would want to test fit as the original channel is not completely circular. They sell it on amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B07RTTQLRS

I bought my boot from Legendary. Not sure if they make them or buy them and if they would just sell the strip. It’s worth trying to give them a call. Some others may know who makes these covers and can chime in.
IMO that's a great idea!

A big "Thanks" to "Welder guy" for selling me his chrome molding piece for my boot. It was packaged very securely so it wouldn't get bent on its voyage from the Edmonton, Canada area to Connecticut, USA! I will have to post a pic of the completed install but here are a few pics. I took a small paint brush, dipped it in dish soap and brushed inside the groove of the molding. This made it super easy to slip the Legendary boot into the trim piece. Thanks again "Welder guy" for everything!

TOP1.jpg

TOP2.jpg

TOP3.jpg

The trim looks great , how did it fit ?
Perfectly! All of the holes lined up with the exception of the ones on each end... no clue why not but oh well... nothing a drill bit couldn't solve! I was actually surprised at the great condition it was in... didn't even have to polish it! TY again!

Back