Chrysler colors of 1973, pick your favorite

Marv

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just bought recently the dealer Trim & Color book for 1973 off eBay. I took the paint charts out to clean the 50 years of dust off and had them out in the sun to dry. My takeaway from that is that I was stunned how good F8 green and JY9 look in the sun. I´m certainly not an earth tone fan but man these colors look majestic! Also I don´t understand how someone could opt for a non metallic color after the dealer showed those cards. Especially in the sun, the metallic flakes work their magic. My favorite color remains JB9 regal blue metallic. That is by far the best. GE7 burnished red and F8 forest green round up the top 3 for me. What are your thoughts ?

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-09 at 10.58.02(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-09 at 10.58.02.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-09 at 10.58.03.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-09 at 11.03.13.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-09 at 11.03.24.jpeg

I can’t choose just one. But saying I’m the owner of a 73 Imperial in HT8 may be something. I like all the colors though. It’s tough.

Forest Green, Golden Haze and Chestnut in no particular order.

I would have to agree with your color choices to be among my favorites as well. I'd also throw in Tahitian Gold, with a tan interior, and of course black with black inside.

WOW - amazing to see an entire set in such perfect condition out in the sun........

I knew someone with a '73 Imperial that was OY2 (or is it DY2?) "SunFire Yellow" and he called it "Imperial Margarine......." otherwise I'm partial to that Tahitian Gold, and that Regal Met. sure is nice.

What a Great find! Thank you for posting. F8 Forest Green Metallic, F3 Amber Sherwood Metallic and X9 Formal Black are my top three. I would love to see my 73 New Yorker in any of those colors.

I think my car was originally Sun Fire Yellow, it's hard to tell they painted everywhere they could. Haven't looked for a paint code yet as repainting it isn't a priority. The car is currently the colour of the 2004 Rumble Bee Ram's. I believe Solar Yellow. It's a lot of yellow on a 73 newport lol

+1 for JY9 Tahitian Gold, for the color and for the name.

I´m biased for GF3 Amber Sherwood metallic, but the browns (HT8 CHestnut metallic and JY9 Tahitian Gold metallic) and gold (JY6 Golden Haze metallic) are worth a look.
GE 7 (Burnished Red met.) and JB9 (Regal Blue met.) are a nice treat too.

I just bought recently the dealer Trim & Color book for 1973 off eBay. I took the paint charts out to clean the 50 years of dust off and had them out in the sun to dry. My takeaway from that is that I was stunned how good F8 green and JY9 look in the sun. I´m certainly not an earth tone fan but man these colors look majestic! Also I don´t understand how someone could opt for a non metallic color after the dealer showed those cards. Especially in the sun, the metallic flakes work their magic. My favorite color remains JB9 regal blue metallic. That is by far the best. GE7 burnished red and F8 forest green round up the top 3 for me. What are your thoughts ?

View attachment 600923

View attachment 600924

View attachment 600925

View attachment 600926

View attachment 600927
I like the turquoise color.

Back