CMC show

sixpkrt

Reaction score
The day after the C Body show in Union, IL was held, the Chicagoland Mopar Connection had their show in Fox Lake, IL. The day was overcast, but no rain was expected.
While there, I ran into a couple guys who had registered for our C Body Show, but didn't make it out because of the weather, and also made a point to talk with some of the other owners with C bodies at CMC's show, letting them know the about the annual meet.
CMC puts on several Mopar shows annually within in the area and do a nice job.
Towards the end of the day, the typically have a raffle and an awards ceremony.
Thought I'd bring the 69 Imperial to their show this year, since its new to me and would be to the regulars that attend CMC's events.
The car got a lot more attention than I expected it would, from a lot of people.
When the raffle/awards time came, everyone gathered around the MC (who happens to be a new member here: @rhinopar ) whose been involved with the CMC as long as I remember.
When the he began calling out raffle numbers for the many give-a-ways they had, my number came up, winning an AMT model of a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T. (I never win raffles, so this was a surprise)
When they started the awards, they went by A/B/E/C etc...When getting to the C class, the 69 Imperial was awarded a plaque as Class Winner.
After the make/model awards were done, there were some other awards handed out, one of which was the Dealers Choice award.
CMC typically has a new car dealership as one of their sponsors who have 2 or 3 new cars at their local shows. The dealership pics the car for this award, and to my surprise they picked the 69 Imperial for the award.
I'd like to give a shout out to @rhinopar as he mentioned the annual C Body event I put on to the crowd when he handed the awards to me.
As usual, I took some pics and will post the C bodies in this thread...
fox 627h.jpg
foxC 627a.jpg
foxC 627b.jpg
foxC 627c.jpg
foxC 627d.jpg
foxC 627e.jpg
foxC 627f.jpg
foxC 627g.jpg
foxC 627g.jpg
foxC 627h.jpg

Here's a few more, including the New Yorker once owned by @GOLDMYN and is now in good hands too by it's new owner.
foxC 627i.jpg
foxC 627j.jpg
foxC 627k.jpg
foxC 627l.jpg
foxC 627m.jpg
foxC 627n.jpg

Looks like a great place to display some great rolling works of art in a relaxed atmosphere. Congrats on the model kit!

Thanks for posting,
CBODY67

Congratulations Tim! That car is very nice, well deserved awards.

Thanks for the great pics and congrats on your awards. It doesn't surprise me after seeing the pics of your Imperial. That is a sweet looking car. There is something about a black car, even if it takes a lot of work to keep it clean it is so worth it.

Thanks for the pics! Looks fun!
Do you have a thread on your Imperial?

Back