Coker Classic vs. Diamond Back Tires

They where off the car and stored inside for 3 1/2 years of those five years while the car was being restored. They went back on the car and went bad after a total of approximately 4 1/2 years including the 3 1/2 years. They have approximately 1,200 miles on them and the spare also went bad and has never been on the car. There had to be something wrong when they were manufactured and it is unbelievable Coker hid behind a warranty which ironically stated they are covered for manufacturing flaws “for the life of the tire.” I guess “life” is one of those 60 days or 60 miles whatever comes first.!
I think Coker needs a lawsuit.....

It has been 6 weeks since I ordered the Diamondback vs. the Coker which supposedly will be in today or tomorrow. In the meantime, the car has been sitting in the garage because there is so much separation the car literally goes up and down when you drive it that one would think your driving it on railroads tracks but on the ties. Discount Tire is standing behind the tires after Coker refused because I bought Discount’s extended warranty. When I drove the car over to Discount for their inspection, I was stopped at a red light and was told by someone following me “did you know your car is going up and down?”

During the last 6 weeks that the car has been sitting in the garage, one tire actually completely separated and blew out, pictures attached. I am not about to drive the car over to discount, 5 miles, but rather I will take 2 tires at a time and put the wheels and new tires on at home.

My final comment regarding Coker tires, “DON’T!” I can understand one tire going bad but all of them at the same time! Hmmmm! As I said, pictures attached!

View attachment 624383

View attachment 624384

View attachment 624385
I hate to keep elaborating on the matter but the more I work on resolving the the issue, the more extensive I discover the problem or should I “problems” are!

So far I have taken three of the four tires off the car to take the tires/rims to Discount Tire because the tires are are not drivable and trustworthy. I have the car setting on blocks. TAlso, it gives me an opportunity to clean and paint the rims.

As I said, there are multiple problems and different problems with each tire. One would expect the same problem with all the tires; NO!

The recent two tires I took off, can’t get to fourth because of where the car is stored. The second tire off has multiple bubbles/separations on the white wall the size of a silver dollar and 1/2” -3/4” high fill with air under pressure and “stretch” marks at multiple places on the side wall. The third tire has even separation completely around the face causing the tire to be narrow and the face round vs. the standard flat. I have attached a picture of the tire setting beside a flat faced tire and the roundness is striking (tire on the left).

Amazing how many problems can occur on one set of tires especially by a company that holds itself to have a premium tire and priced accordingly. Compounding that, they deny warranty because of expiration by one month and despite the warranty states for the life of the tire from manufacturing defects! Oxymoron!

IMG_3878.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

I hate to keep elaborating on the matter but the more I work on resolving the the issue, the more extensive I discover the problem or should I “problems” are!

So far I have taken three of the four tires off the car to take the tires/rims to Discount Tire because the tires are are not drivable and trustworthy. I have the car setting on blocks. TAlso, it gives me an opportunity to clean and paint the rims.

As I said, there are multiple problems and different problems with each tire. One would expect the same problem with all the tires; NO!

The recent two tires I took off, can’t get to fourth because of where the car is stored. The second tire off has multiple bubbles/separations on the white wall the size of a silver dollar and 1/2” -3/4” high fill with air under pressure and “stretch” marks at multiple places on the side wall. The third tire has even separation completely around the face causing the tire to be narrow and the face round vs. the standard flat. I have attached a picture of the tire setting beside a flat faced tire and the roundness is striking (tire on the left).

Amazing how many problems can occur on one set of tires especially by a company that holds itself to have a premium tire and priced accordingly. Compounding that, they deny warranty because of expiration by one month and despite the warranty states for the life of the tire from manufacturing defects! Oxymoron!

View attachment 624608

View attachment 624613
Wow! Just Wow! What complete crap.

I've never bought Coker tires. I have heard of a lot of issues with their tires, most often it's been balancing problems, but I've also heard of a lot of failures and wearing fast. So much that I would stay away.

I've never bought Coker tires. I have heard of a lot of issues with their tires, most often it's been balancing problems, but I've also heard of a lot of failures and wearing fast. So much that I would stay away.
I hope by sharing my story I can help someone else from having a bad experience! End of story!

I found a very nice brand of 215/75R-14 called vercelli classics in whitewall, and I am very satisfied with the product, so I installed them on three of my cars, and they drive very well. they don't squat, and appear to have much sturdier sidewalls then hancook, they recommend max pressure at 44 lbs. I paid just under 100.00 bucks each for them, and they were made in Thailand.I also purchased a set of the 215/70-14, and they matched up very well with the 14x6 rims I had,

I purchased 4 Coker Classic tires in August 2018 for my 1965 SF, put roughly 1,000 miles on them and started off frame restoration in January, 2020 (roughly 18 months after tire purchase). Tires were inflated and on rims, stored. Tires and rims went back on car in January, 2022 (24 months after restoration started). The restoration was finished in May of this year and car was driven a little over the summer (Phoenix summer) but was in my garage being tweaked.

When the car was finished in May and was started to be driven, the tires bounce up and down and sideways (new front end, aligned and tires attempted to be balanced). At any speed, car shakes like there is only one bolt on each rim (stock 14” tires, rims, hubcaps and skirts to maintain classic look).

Problem; ALL four tires have multiple separations on both the white walls and other side areas. Contacted Coke Tire, who said it was beyond 4 years, my problem. Contacted Discount Tire from whom they were purchased, very helpful, will replace tires free of charge. They have offered to replace with the Classic Coker’s or Diamond Back. Coker available immediately, Diamond Back 4-5 weeks.

I have researched both brands with both good and bad but Diamond Back seemingly better tire but Coker better looking as to the white wall. Concern with Coker, all four tires went bad, no help.

Any experiences by others and thoughts?
Last comment. BlackDiamond tires arrived after seven weeks, Discount Tire mounting, I inquired if Discount was still offering extended warranty, they quit in 2020, to many problems. With discount the largest tire retailer, kinda says it all!

Back