Collectible Automobile Magazine C BODY DODGES 1965-68

Larry Jett

Reaction score
Phil Toy, feature writer for Collectible Automobile is looking for big Dodges to photograph for upcoming feature story. Maybe even the cover....he hears that a Morgan Von Rueben has many of these but he doesn't have a contact number. Maybe you know or your car(s) can be featured. Phil is SF Bay Area based so that would be helpful to him if these cars are in range.
My 66 Monaco DH43 is too scruffy but he put my 1957 300C rag on the cover of CA in October of 2006. email me at larrywjett@gmail.com for more intel.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
You've come to the right place.

Here is the 1966. 383, radio, leather seats and hardly another option. Now badged as a 300M because the badges are cheap at the dealership and the 66 would have been an M but they quit at L for 1965. Heard Chrysler made a few M's with 426 hemi motors but decided to make the B bodies the champs. Sigh.

66 300 SAE 002.jpg

Welcome Larry. How about some pictures of your 300.
Did post, I think, a photo of the 1966 but haven't got the hang of this forum yet.
Also have a 66 DH43, and a 63 300 Sport that we drive on tours. Great car!!!
Plus a 1953 Plymouth rag

Welcome to the site, nice 300
I had a 65 Fury III 4 door sedan.....one of the nicest Mopars I ever had. Turned it into a Fire Chief's car. Wish I hadn't sold it but needed a new roof on the house and was 5k short. Some guy offered me that much and it just seemed right to let him have it. Keep looking for somebody to be trying to sell it and I would buy it back in a heartbeat. Those 65's were some of the best cars ever made, but then almost every American car was a winner in 1965.

Phil Toy, feature writer for Collectible Automobile is looking for big Dodges to photograph for upcoming feature story. Maybe even the cover....he hears that a Morgan Von Rueben has many of these but he doesn't have a contact number. Maybe you know or your car(s) can be featured. Phil is SF Bay Area based so that would be helpful to him if these cars are in range.
My 66 Monaco DH43 is too scruffy but he put my 1957 300C rag on the cover of CA in October of 2006. email me at larrywjett@gmail.com for more intel.

Larry! I'm so glad you decided to join up here on FCBO. I always enjoy talking with you at the 300 Club, Intl. meets.

I didn't know you had a '66 convertible. You have excellent taste in C-Bodies.

Bought it from Don Rook in Mina AR. I wanted a 66 300 rag or was willing to buy a MBenz SL with a blown motor. 8 grand motor work makes the car almost worthless if it is old enough. Was going to swap in a 340 and torqueflight. Glad I found the 300 first. As the 66 is but a #3+ I thought the Palo Alto Concourse wouldn't allow it to be entered, even for display only. They did, and the major sponsor gave it the award in the photo. Special! It was the car they would like to drive home

DSCF2697.JPG

I'd drive it home.

Ordered on Millbrae CA's special bid proposal in 1965 but as a passenger car using the Millbrae Fire Department 99 code red. They used Chrysler cars for years. I bought it from a guy that got it after the city sold it and just knew it needed to be converted. Went 3 years before anybody told me I had misspelled Battalion

65 Fire Car.jpg

Back