COMPLETE TTI EXHAUST SYSTEM 1968 DODGE MONCO 440 MAGNUM

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry if already posted.

Bone head install. I have installed at least a dozen TTI systems alone on my back with car on Jack stands. Yes you may have to relocate tail pipe hangers, as even Chrysler used different locations on same cars. A bodies change year to year and model to model.
I guess you need "rare sense"

Last edited:
Here's another!

Last edited:
Why shoot the messenger LOL. I have no opinion one way or other. I don't own a TTI exhaust. I just thought it was C body related and some may enjoy it.
Was not shooting at you, I was yelling at the video while watching. I could see that they were not paying attention to what they were doing or wanted to accomplish.

they should title those "how to completely ignore TTI's instructions and wonder why you have trouble"....and this should be in exhaust forum

here's the issue i had with mine...the drivers side hanger plate is nicely cut to the shape of the shock crossmember...and then they welded the round hanger rod straight across it...if you try to install it like this it sits too high and the rubber hangers wind up jammed into the floor of the car like in video #2...i wound up cutting the 2 inner welds and reshaping the round rod to follow the contour of the plate, but with the stub where the rubber goes on still in its original location....in hindsight could have just built up multiple beads on top and then ground away the bottom of the rod
KIMG0024.jpg

couple other things...according to TTI's illustration the vertical plate of the tailpipe hangers should be on the inside of the frame rail...on the drivers side i put it on the outside to mark the location, then drilled straight through the rail...didn't have to unbolt the shackle...i just dont recall if the suspension had to be at full droop or if i had to put the jack under the rear but i think i needed a long drill bit...the bolt comes out above the seam of the tank...so a hefty washer outside the rail, the bracket and a locknut on the inside...its a pia to get the nut up there and started above the tank seam (magnet) but there's adequate clearance between it and the tank when you're done...r/s drill hole inside the rail and was able to use the magnet on a stick to feed the 3/8 bolt from inside the rail through a nearby hole

Last edited:
Back