Cool "Car Art" Illustrations

1652235002393.png

Growing up during the 50's and 60's my older brother and I would sit at the apartment window and name the make and model of the cars passing below in the street (NY City)
Great game to pass the time ,with no TV in the house.
So I guess I saw many two-tone cars at the time and didn't think much of that. But now, seeing these illustrations, I realize how much they appeal to me now
This Olds, which was at the Bear Mt. car show several years ago, just makes me salivate, and would be mine if.........................

olds1.jpg

olds2.jpg

This is a howler! Just the right attire to cook a family meal while camping.
yeah, i noticed that to . Mom looks like a fashion modeel (clothing, hair, earrings, lipstick) and Dad is wearing "prison stripes"?

actually, I think the man and boy are in their pajamas and the smell of breakfast (and alarm clock on the roof of the wagon) is drawing them outta the tent.

The lady .. that's just late 50' "June Cleaver" image of the smiling, well-dressed "housewife" in the kitchen/laundry room toiling away for the family ... this depiction/expectation of the then "modern woman" was even the same on a camping trip no less ....

still cool art though to me.

:)

Back