Couldn't help myself...

68Bigred

Reaction score
I will never get the 68 done but saw this gem and had to pick it up. Got a great deal on it and is a blast to drive. Drove back from ct to ny with no problems, except for maybe traction in the rain. 08 srt 10.

20170225_180758.jpg

Congrats!

Congrats. After awhile let us know if being a Viper owner is met with the same disdain as the Corvette owners.

Oh Stan always the optimists lol. I plan to drive it everywhere. I even drove it in the snow the other day, besides not having traction control it did just fine! She just a car and meant to be enjoyed. I love the feeling of the acceleration it has, but I don't go crazy. Some guy with some amg powered Benz wanted to race, 1 drag racing on the public streets is completely dangerous and stupid and 2 viper would waste it so nothing to prove lol. Also just got a screaming deal on it. Honestly was just going to flip it but since I just paid taxes on it I guess I will keep it. Always wanted one and I cant find any major complaints about the 2008-10 Viper. They seem pretty bullet proof if you take car of them. Heck just a warmed over truck engine. In the spring I'm just going to replace all the fluids and plugs and such. Has 20k on it so plugs probably a good idea.

viper motor is not the truck engine warmed up , they only shear cubic inches and the number of cylinders . truck motors are worthless , i know had a couple . just scrap iron . the viper is all alloy , forged crank , better rods , better flowing cam and heads . the whole engine is way better . but if you pitch a rod , there is a block long oil galley that get broke and the block is junk . there is a viper shop not far from my shop , start with better rod bolts , arp is a one way . they build racers , then it olivers or carrillos . they sound very cool when there test driving them . nice ride .

Oh Stan always the optimists lol. I
I meant it as a Medal of Courage for I, too, felt the wrath from others here for owning two Corvettes. I imagine these same guys will cut you more slack because it is a Mopar.
I want to see if these same guys have a double standard. lmao

Enjoy you new Chick Magnet, and, with apologies to Saylor...
"Try not to die".
Those cars are lethal. lol

:thumbsup:

Congrats on your new ride. I would love to own one for a little while. Friend of mine and car collector bought a new Challenger with the big hemi etc. Within a year he had it up for sale. I asked him why you selling it?
He said 1 I value my driver's licence and 2 I value my life. He said take it for a spin. I refused as the saying goes..
Power Corrupts. I would become an immediate addict if I drove it. Be careful and have fun!

I always have been a big fan of the GTS coupe, I would love to have one. I guess when I win the lottery.:)

I meant it as a Medal of Courage for I, too, felt the wrath from others here for owning two Corvettes. I imagine these same guys will cut you more slack because it is a Mopar.
I want to see if these same guys have a double standard. lmao

Enjoy you new Chick Magnet, and, with apologies to Saylor...
"Try not to die".
Those cars are lethal. lol

:thumbsup:

Gotta toss out the upside down angry Daffy Duck now.

500x_Viper_Daffy_Duck.jpg

I remember the first time you threw that out... whos the first SOB that realized the angry duck face was there...:thumbsup:

Congrats. After awhile let us know if being a Viper owner is met with the same disdain as the Corvette owners.

Not at all. I've had Corvette drivers pass & give the thumbs up. Most people really like the car & assume that it cost much more than it did. The guys that do seem to have more of that disdain are actual Mopar guys, for what ever reason.

I remember the first time you threw that out... whos the first SOB that realized the angry duck face was there...:thumbsup:
I don't know.. but once you see it... LOL.

The funny part for me was pointing it out to the engineer that had signed off on it. I know it was a Chrysler design and he had no part in that, but he just stared at it... turned it over a couple times and just stared... Then laughed a little... He retired a couple months later.

No disdain here and I envy you. Have a ball man!

Wow, too funny. I totally see the angry duck!! I can see the car being lethal. Even with brand new 345 30 19s it will just slide the rear out. I had in 09 a srt8 with a kenne bell blower on it and that car was also dangerous. Anyway I spent the other night watching YouTube videos of vipers wrecking. I will be careful with it! I appreciate the warnings!!

Back