Cousin Polara Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it took a little longer than usual TO GET OFF TRACK...but here we are, again.

Can we get back to Dave?

Nice guy. Incredibly hospitable at Carlisle and knowledgeable. An asset to the hobby. A great guy to know and have as a friend. I hope he's allowed back
His integrity and honesty is, at times, his own worst enemy.
Thank you!

It's FCBO and I don't care about the chatter, but am reminding folks that Dave and everyone can view this thread... say hi!

:lol:

I don´t mind people being emotional when arguing although to me it´s a sign of intelligence to keep your temper
at all time and yet I`m completely unable to do so myself at certain times.
Commenting online is different though, there is no way one can´t drop a F*** You and regret it
5 seconds later here. You have to write it down and hit the "post reply" button. So everything that gets written
on here is written on full purpose and therefore no excuse to be made having said something without due consideration.

You can always disagree with someone and show that without insulting him in such a way.

Respect is what we need. On this board, in our society, all across the world. The lack of it will only cause trouble !

Wait, so Dave H isn't on here anymore? The 70 Polara owning, blonde haired Dave?

WTF?

I'm out, keep my donation to the website.

What a joke this place has become the last two years, all the members who founded and made this forum what it was are gone.

Nick

Disappeared in the last 7 hours.

So weird. I guess Joey just misplaced it. Or maybe lost it the old fashioned way and left it on the bus. :lol:

I don't remember the thread, but I'll assume someone said something that offended the beta-boys and/or joey didn't like.

Harsh? In who's eye?
Unforgiving? You mean the “cancel culture” or those of us tired of being told we can’t say or do what we want or go where we want anymore. Who’s really unforgiving.
We need to make a trek out to Idaho!
I am Jonesing for a road trip.

I'm finding it very ironic that there is a "Should illegal aliens get federal stimulus checks " political type advertising under this post as I type.

I’ve newer to the site but have been reading on here for years. If Dave is permanently banned I’m out. The hell with all this woke **** and political correctness crap!
It’s like going into a strip club and telling a stripper nice *** and you get tossed out. WTF is wrong with everyone???
Dave was a big inspiration on me driving my 71 Polara to Carlisle. Yes he seems very blunt and to the point sometimes. And has his opinions. I don’t know him. He has a right as a American to be like that!!!! If it offended me so much I would just ignore him not ban him!

If u don’t like what someone says ignore it. What’s next u have to have a pink C-body and be a transgender to be a member of this site? I respect all the members here and appreciate the ones I met at Carlisle. They were very friendly and polite. And there is a lot of knowledge to be gained here etc….

Just wanna say Hi Dave and a shout out to Wyatt also!!!! They can make forcbodies great again!!!!

Ditto to that.
As for all the thin-skinned, get over lt.
Life will only get tougher for you otherwise.

The hell with all this woke **** and political correctness crap!
If u don’t like what someone says ignore it.
Yes he seems very blunt and to the point

Ultimately, that is what is wrong not only here on this board, but in our countries and throughout much of the world now. People are so pampered and comfortable that words hurt them (words and disagreeing opinions now equal "violence"). When someone states something the beta-boys don't like, or in a blunt manner which they're not use to, they squeal and cry for someone to do something so they can feel "safe". They think they are special and others need to dance around them. I've seen it here. I've seen it in person. I know many of you agree.

I don't know Dave personally, but from what I've seen/read here on this board, I know we'd get along and I think he'd agree with my above statement. So, again, Hi Dave. :D

One thing about excess pride is that it blinds one to many sides of an issue. There is also the long time tested rule that pride comes before the fall.

It seems there are quite a few folks here that have never worked for a large company or even government because this isn't a matter of just getting along. In order for a company to be profitable/successful it must produce state of the art products that consumers want to buy. That means they have to be smarter than their competition and hire well-educated folks who can work together in harmony to make that happen. One advantage of higher learning is that one learns very quickly that he is not the only smart guy out there but there are plenty others, so one's pride gets dealt with very quickly. I worked in the automotive industry for Chrysler as an engineer, and trouble makers got booted and guys that couldn't manage to work together in harmony also got booted quickly. Otherwise, the company would fail to meet its goals and be overcome by their competition.

This isn't a matter of being a sissy, or woke, or any other perceived personality characteristic. It is about being successful. That big Dodge Ram 2500 pickup that rolls off the assembly line with features that amaze and delight plus ruggedness and quality that endure is the result of a lot of hard work in concert throughout the corporation. The same thing goes on in government, even despite the behavior of politicans at the top of late, they also have to meet deadlines and develop programs that make the U.S. the most competitive country in the world and fix its problems under their control. There are at least yearly reviews of one's performance to ensure that programs evolve to improve matters that are important to our future and also to work with other nations in achieving a peaceful world, by and large. If you can't get along, you also get booted.

This site is a business and for it to also be successful, there also needs to be order, respect for authority and being able to avoid a lot of conflict that makes it unattractive - so trouble makers also get booted. There is another site similar to this one, called Allpar, but it focuses on more modern models of Chrysler vehicles and even very current news developments in the automotive world such as the progress of the Stellantis merger of manufacturers including FCA/Chrysler and their progress. In visiting that site also on a regular basis, it has evolved with the same virtually identical requirements as this also successful site. Folks must get along and avoid controversy and not engage in political discussions.

I often wonder how many folks here have anywhere near the competence, capability and knowledge to even put together a site as successful as this one that works so seamlessly with plenty of features that invite good dialog and still generate the funds to keep it operating well and prosper? I sure don't, and therefore even before I got in the door at this site many years ago, I had immediate respect for what Joey and his crew have put together. So when folks want to call the folks running this site into account for their decisions I believe it would be wise for us all to consider all the hurdles they face and have to overcome and the hard work involved before they find it so easy to criticize them - they are focused on this being a desirable site to visit in the long run and to be successful. Other sites also successful have the same guidelines and the large corporations that are successful and even govenrment have the same rules. That is because they work best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back