Crankcase breather options

Zaggart

Reaction score
For any folks that are using an open element air filter (on a 318 if that matters), what kind of crankcase breather oil cap do you use if not one with a vent tube? I currently have the standard clip in style like this (pic) but I'm pretty clueless if I need clip in or if a push-in will work, etc. Just want to make sure I don't blow anything up down the line. Thanks!

Screenshot_20220617-224802.png

its just a breather vent so whatever fits your valve cover is fine. Maybe a little cleaner looking, would be the style without the hose bib but it really doesnt matter.

The one with the hose should have a closed bottom area, which might otherwise be open (to see the "hogs hair" filter inside). You might consider the one with the hose bib to be a later-model replacement for the original open/push-in one, FWIW. Might aim the bib toward the carb so that no oil drops might drip on the valve covers or exhaust manifold, for good measure.

CBODY67

Mr. Gasket 2057: valve cover breather, three-quarter inch diameter mounting tube with rubber grommet. NAPA part number Balkamp 735 – 4702 $13.49.
PXL_20211218_190651585.jpg

Back