CROMWELL CAR SHOW, SOUTH ISLAND NZ

sixtyf

Reaction score
I recently set off on a two week road trip with my son, nephew and Alice ( 300F ). The primary reason was to attend a Mopar gathering in our South Island. New Zealand has two main islands, the North and the South. There is a three hour ferry crossing between the two of them. We clocked up 2175 miles ( 3480km ) and used 808 litres of 98 octane fuel, yeeha. The show had a variety of makes and models with most being of Australian origin...

IMG_8440 (Medium).JPG
IMG_8441 (Medium).JPG
IMG_8729 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
thanks for sharing the pics.
Most cars are Australian/NZ buillt Mopars.

It seems there are not many US built ones around in the southern part?
I can't see my buddy Marc M. from Auckland either so he probably wasn't there

Carsten

Amazing road trip and pics, thanks for sharing!

I am a bit biased, but you easily had the most interesting car there! Great to see a 300F on a long journey. Thanks for sharing from the land down under........................

thanks for sharing the pics.
Most cars are Australian/NZ buillt Mopars.

It seems there are not many US built ones around in the southern part?
I can't see my buddy Marc M. from Auckland either so he probably wasn't there

Carsten

Hey Carsten, the South Island has a better climate for older cars, they just seem to last longer. I think that is why so many of the '60s and '70s valiants are still prevelant and used as DDs. There are still a fair number of US built vehicles down there thou. We love the US iron in NZ :)
Your buddy 'Monty' never made the show, I have met him several times and he seems like a top bloke ( with some very cool rides ).
Cheers - Mark.

I am a bit biased, but you easily had the most interesting car there! Great to see a 300F on a long journey. Thanks for sharing from the land down under........................

I think I wear similar monoculars :)
It was good to get the old girl out for a decent run. I did a full service in the weeks leading up to our departure. It's the first vehicle I have owned with a generator and that even got the correct amount of oil in each end. I had a grin on my face the whole time while I was changing the spark plugs too !
Other than a small fuel leak from one of the carbs ( which was sorted in a roadside rest area ) it was mechanically A1.
Cheers - Mark.

A local company ( Elevated View NZ ) was filming stages of the weekend using a drone. They have loaded a couple of teasers on their website and a full length version is supposed to be available at a later date.

Last edited:
Back